First floor plan review - urgent

Praveenb

First floor plan review - urgent

Post by Praveenb »

Hello All,

I am really confused with floor plan for 1st floor.
Please help with some suggestions. It's a north facing site with dimensions 30×50.

I have below specific questions in my mind,
> Entrance with 4 ft corridor is ok?
> Three bath rooms in 2 bhk is ok?

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen
Attachments
IMG-20151013-WA0000.jpg
karjagir

Re: First floor plan review - urgent

Post by karjagir »

Praveen,

Some initial thoughts

a) 4 ft corridor should be fine and I think is standard in most places.

b) 3 bathrooms for a 2 BHK is a little too much. 2 (One common and one attached) should be good enough. Maintaining 3 bathrooms is a pain :-) For my house which is a 3 BHK duplex, I am having only 2 bathrooms, one attached on the second floor and one common on the first floor. If there are specific reasons because of which you need 3 bathrooms, then it's fine. Otherwise, 2 is more than enough.

c) I think you have a puja room next to where the dining table is laid out in the diagram. Not sure if you believe in vastu but please ensure that your bathroom door and puja room door are not opposite to each other. Your middle bath door and your puja room door may overlap. Am not a vastu expert but this is something I had also faced and we made modifications accordingly while constructing

d) Both your beds seem to in a direction where your head will rest in the northern direction. It is generally recommended that you sleep with your head in the southern or western direction. In that case, you need to make sure your bed leans against the right wall. This may affect the placing of your windows etc as per your personal preferences

All the best for your construction

Karthik
Praveenb

Re: First floor plan review - urgent

Post by Praveenb »

Thanks alot Karthik for the detailed suggestions.

> I will go ahead with 4' corridor. Thanks! :)

> There is No specifc reason behind three toilets. Initially planned for 3 bedrooms but later realised that it would be congested. And thought two bed rooms with balcony would be good idea for self use. Tried increasing master bed toilet size.. still left over with around 4 ft. Also Planned for dressing room to master bath. Some how couldn't fit in. Now left it to my engineer to plan dressing room instead of one toilet. Pls let me know any ideas to utilise the space.

> Yes, I believe in practical vastu ideas.:) I will ensure pooja room doors not facing toilets. Placing pooja room from dining would be difficult. Pls let me know for any ideas
> according to the plan, head position on bed would be towards East. I believe it is acceptable.

Thanks & Regards,
Praveen

Return to “Civil Construction”