Need Suggestions on Borewell

reenaL

Need Suggestions on Borewell

Post by reenaL »

Hello,

We dug up a borewell in June this year but didn’t find water. A water diviner had suggested a 2” yield at 640 ft. We hit rock at 60 ft (white powder), the same continued until 800 ft with not a single drop of water. Bitterly disappointed we had to stop at 860 ft. The operator said that we might get water after a few days.

In October, we did a camera scan which shows there is water stocked at 160 ft. That guy said the yield is half inch from 3 sources (fractures at 180, 500 and 540 ft) which is sufficient for 2 families. He has asked us to install a pump at 750 ft.

Request your suggestions/advice before we invest on the pump:
1. Is half inch yield good enough for 800 ft bore well?
2. Will the flow be continuous throughout the year or will there be shortage in summer?
3. Will recharging the borewell by RWH help?
4. Or should this borewell be abandoned?

Thanks
Reena
navhe

Re: Need Suggestions on Borewell

Post by navhe »

Hi ReenaL,

3 sources means, there should be at least 1" yield. But i am not sure if camera scan can tell the yield accurately.
Another way to check the yield is, pump out water (say for 30 mins) and then compare how much refill happened after few hours using water levels before and after pumping.

Here is my story: (we dug borewell recently). We got some water at the time of changing drill bit at 800ft. They said 0.75" water source at 450ft deapth. After a week we checked water level using long thread. Found that water level at 250ft below ground level. I contacted a borewell technician and shown him the video at the time of water coming. He said it is sufficient for home use.
I have decided to install pump (Texmo-Taro) at 700+ deapth - may be in couple of weeks.
I hope at that deapth, we can get at least 1000lts per day.

In your case, i can't tell anything for sure. Even at the cost of additional Rs 5-10k, you may check the yield once again before spending another 80k on pump installation.

All the best.
ravindra.cm

Post by ravindra.cm »

Request your suggestions/advice before we invest on the pump:
1. Is half inch yield good enough for 800 ft bore well? It depends how much output you receive. Better as stated by navhe, pump out water during night and following morning check how much water accumulated. This can be checked via thread method. Check the level before pump out, then check after pump out. Finally check in morning how much accumulated through same thread method.
2. Will the flow be continuous throughout the year or will there be shortage in summer? This purely depends on yield. If you actually received output near to 500ft I feel you will have less scarcity during summer.
3. Will recharging the borewell by RWH help? If you are planning for long term and environment friendly then my suggestion is to invest more by investing on filter pipes (which costs Rs.160~200/ft). Where you dont get silt and also can pour Rain water directly to Borewell.
4. Or should this borewell be abandoned? Please dont do without investing much on outcome.
kumarraja

Post by kumarraja »

Yield will definitely reduce in summer , if the cost of pumping is greater than purchasing a water Tanker, you should abandon the bore and instead use it for rain water harvesting.
saritha

Post by saritha »

hi Reena ,
Even we are in the same situation ... so what have you done for your borewell is it working ? or you have left it

Return to “Civil Construction”