Labour contract rate breakup

nidhin

Labour contract rate breakup

Post by nidhin »

Hi,
I am planning for my house construction so need to look the current rates.
Can anybody who has recently constructed the house in labour contract can give a breakup of labour charge under labour contract.I mean like RCC work/CFT, Earth work/CFT,Barbending,shuttering,brick masonary,Door frames,shutters,window frames,window panel,painiting,polishing,granite laying,tile laying.

Thanks,
Nidhin
Ravikiran57

Re: Labour contract rate breakup

Post by Ravikiran57 »

Hi nidhin there are 2types of labour contract 1 - includes all civil work, centering, barbending, concrete gang, earth work and price range b/w Rs- 230 - 280/sqft

2 - includes all the above works + electric work, plumbing, carpenter and painting & price range b/w Rs - 450 - 550/sqft.

But most of the labour contractor go for the 1st option due to lack of proper coordination with electric, plumbing...

Please go for the written agreement before choosing any... once d construction starts d contractors charge extra unnecessarily even for minor changes, design n so on....
Love all... keep smiling and be happy
(atleast most of the times)
Ravikiran57

Post by Ravikiran57 »

And as far as the labour contract break up - Earth work - manual - 350- 600/day and JCB 750-900/day
Centering - 18-25/sqft
Barbending- 20-25sqft
Concrete gang- 8000-10000/batch/day
Window - 100-120/sqft
Granite - 20-28sqft
Ravikiran57

Post by Ravikiran57 »

small Correction - JCB is charged on per hour basis i.e 750-900/hour
sarbda

Post by sarbda »

Labour contract should include all masonry work including sump, overhead tank & compound wall building. Excluding earth evacuation/filling, plumbing, carpenter, painting, grill works, flooring & elevation. JCB @650/hr and Tractor @1500/day.
nidhin

Post by nidhin »

Thanks RaviKiran and sarbda for your valuable inputs..
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

It wouldn't be possible to build a house without a sump ,earth work , parapet , surki , compound etc and also wouldn't be ideal to look for some other mastri/contractor to do this works so ideally it needs to be the same person.

For the 30*40 site for all civil work excluding painting , electrical , plumbing , tiles work and carpentry what would be an ideal labor contract rate/chadra(range) for pillar based cement brick construction ? also what would it be for burnt bricks ?
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

I hope you query is only for knowledge sake.

In my opinion, going with piece work will not yield quality work as you may not be able to judge his experience nor
will be easy to manage them. Give it to labour contractor with Chadra (100sqft costs around25 - 28k) this way you can get shielded with
many low level factors.

Regards,
Venkyn
nidhin

Post by nidhin »

How will be the rate of 230-280/SFT for civil work or 450-500/sft for all works calculted?
Is it based on the total Square feet of roof slabs or is it total square feet of wall constructed area?.
umeshhere

Post by umeshhere »

It can be either. Same contractor will be prepared to work for Slab area of Site area. If you take Slab area, there will be long list of exclusions with individual rates, each contractor has his own list. Make sure you get it from your contractor and include it in the agreement. Site area is the whole site, it includes everything that is built, sometimes, some things are excluded like parapet walls, sump, compound wall, roof tank. etc. Try to negotiate for Site area with no exclusions (like sump, parapet etc). Works out better for him and he will be accommodative of changes etc.

Return to “Civil Construction”