AAC Block construction experiences

hrsn

Re: AAC Block construction experiences

Post by hrsn »

Who are the dealers for Ultra tech AAC blocks?
Harish
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Ultratech dealer information is available on the Ultratech page. There are couple of challenges with it. Just thought will let you know.

You have to buy a minimum of 9000 blocks. They do not sell less.
Average price of a AAC block is about Rs 90/- which is far higher than nearest competitors, such as Siporex (56rs approx) and APCO (60rs approx)

Hence, using Ultratech AAC blocks might not bring in a lot of advantages. Would suggest to go with Siporex, which sites like b-easy can provide.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

hrsn wrote:Does AAC walls need any special plastering such as water proofing?
Nope .. AAC doesn't absorb much water. it is more water proof and sound proof compared to normal blocks
rrdsony

Post by rrdsony »

ganeshncm wrote: Average price of a AAC block is about Rs 90/- which is far higher than nearest competitors, such as Siporex (56rs approx) and APCO (60rs approx)
Dear Ganesh,
I am in process of buying APCO blocks , but didn't find reliable source (where to buy). If you have contact details please do share with me (PM)
or I was looking for low weight blocks (which you have mentioned) but its almost 2x price of Cement blocks. My pref is APCO blocks if i get AAC blocks with less than 1.5x of Cement blocks (compared to APCO) i would like to buy AAC blocks at least for top floor.

Do share your view on going with AAC blocks.
rkodal

Post by rkodal »

As of today I have decided to go with the AAC blocks.

Just keep you all posted, it happen to check with other AAC Manufacturer RINACON http://renacon.in/renacon.php, from Tamil Nadu, seems like very good competitor for Siprox blocks. I am yet receive the price details from them.

Did any heard about Renacon?
hrsn

Post by hrsn »

Could not find any Renacon suppliers either. Kindly post the price you are offered.
Harish
rrdsony

Post by rrdsony »

I Visited a 4 floor (planned for PG and it had wall all over the corner of the building) appartment near Sony world and saw the AAC block "CONECC" and spoke with the Mason over there and he answered some of my layman's questions and with my one simple question about
"strength of AAC wall when some one tries to break the wall." He just took an hammer and gave a two hits and it just compress like a dough and it didn't had any crack as such (which i assumed it will break / crack, this increased my confidence level a bit).
As i said the one which i saw was "CONECC" and it had a cell number on it (i have not enquired with them) and he was mentioning other vendors who were marketing guys just happens to sale their products
a. maxlite.in
b. some vendors from Ballari (mason mentioned that's good quality but you need to buy in large i.e 10 wheel truck).

From His understanding (apart from thermal insulation, etc..)
Considering number or columns, wall density then AAC is the best choice and when i mentioned my requirement of a home in 30x40 (G + 3) he was little fuzzy to recommend me to use AAC.

Dear Members, If any one has finalised AAC blocks do PM me the Brand, price and Min volume for purchase over PM.

Thanks,
RD sony
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

Sorry for the delay in responding. Please contact the factory/sales directly. Please note they might take about 2 weeks to manufacture and deliver.

Land Phone:
+91 (080) 65338811 /22

Mobile Phone:
+91 9900137433

Email:
sales@apcoblocks.com

http://64.50.180.173/~blocksapco/?page_id=61
rrdsony wrote:
ganeshncm wrote: Average price of a AAC block is about Rs 90/- which is far higher than nearest competitors, such as Siporex (56rs approx) and APCO (60rs approx)
Dear Ganesh,
I am in process of buying APCO blocks , but didn't find reliable source (where to buy). If you have contact details please do share with me (PM)
or I was looking for low weight blocks (which you have mentioned) but its almost 2x price of Cement blocks. My pref is APCO blocks if i get AAC blocks with less than 1.5x of Cement blocks (compared to APCO) i would like to buy AAC blocks at least for top floor.

Do share your view on going with AAC blocks.
chanrevs

Post by chanrevs »

Hi Mr. Sony
I am in process of finalizing my plan to Stant a Gt3 in 35×40 site. planning to go with
labour contract.
Contemplating on Solid block on AAC Blocks.
My wormy about the Mistry Work skill for AAC blocks.
How is youn experience of Quality of the work with your experience
I researched on internet for AAC blocks.
looks like the use of sand can be Considerably reduced. is that so with you?
I hear you do not need sand & cement mortar in between blocks. Except Only
for the first lay you would require Sand & Cement mortar. Rest use only cement mortar. is that what you have followed?
I do not want To use M-sand. River Sand is at too much premium, without any guarantee of purity.
Can your experience guide me

Chan

Return to “Civil Construction”