Neighbor Problem - Man Handling Labors

avipnv

Neighbor Problem - Man Handling Labors

Post by avipnv »

Dear Forum Members,

I need some sincere suggestions and actions which can be taken at this moment.
I have a situation here..am building a house at JP Nagar, it a 1200 sqft plot, initially the neighbor
at the rear, had a objection with me for setting one of the column, which is aborted to his compound wall, so the
total width of join is 10 ft to be precise.

Later on, as we proceeded thro the construction phase
He & his wife are picking up this each and every time and creating a rukus by yelling and creating a
scene in the area, for small things like dust and pouring water for curing...even though we have give enough tarpaulins to
cover that space.

Till now i have behaved in a calm way, but now my BP is boiling and he is creating more tensions at the
constriction site day in and day out..by man handling some labors...now he is also threatening me to get the work stopped by complaint.

I need a fix for this situation, as he is not ready for any talks..in any humble way unlike other humans..

Sorry for the long notes..
I appreciate all your suggestions in this regards.

Thanks
Avi
Attachments
wall_join.jpg
rajesh113_ch

Re: Neighbor Problem - Man Handling Labors

Post by rajesh113_ch »

with such people you don't have a choice (at least i think so). if u r BP goes up its problem for u not for him! be come try to talk (bargain) and finish your work first.
try to find the friend of him and take him for the talks and what ever he says agree for that.
don't invite police, politicians in to this and never try to show u r power in front of him ( u will land in to problems).
advice u r labor to be polite with him if they need work.
these are a class of people with tons of ego, satisfy their ego by bending u r back inform of them.
once u r done show if u want to satisfy u r ego u can very well do that.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

I also experienced the same . In bangalore it has been frequent problem where you fight up ending on different issue like site encroachment as dimension in papers are different from actual, papers not signed by all like minor issues, other related issues like compound wall is common so should not be touched with pillars, leaving the space for lighting as your construction blocks his lighting which happened recently to one of my friend which forced him to demolish and reconstruct a wall. In your case as well some sort of issue creeps in and you should address without fighting to it as it will spoil your whole construction .Try to negotiate as much as you can ,and address you cannot change your plan though sympathetic to his concern, ask him 3 or 4 times as in my case he finally obliged when negotiated symptomatically on the issue addressing my issue.....If that don't work just accept and construct altering your plan to avoid any delay/stop of work. We often take loan/raise money from mortgage paying the interest, and with the intention to have one house to stay. Any delay could completely jeopardize our dream halting your work for years.... Most of them will oblige if you negotiate ,don''t go for fight unless you have full political/local gonda/local influential people to help you......
princeap

Post by princeap »

I very much agree the wise suggestions given by Rajesh and Sam.
As of now just focus on your work, just proceed with construction. Ask your workers be calm when the neighbor do irritating talks and actions.

Later, If you plan to stay in this new house, now itself make friendship with other residents in the layout. So that you wont be a stranger and when u need support, they will support you.
Also in background you can assess this neighbor. If he is just a barking dog without any political/power/money and if you have all these, you know what to do :-)
bdasitesmvlayout

Post by bdasitesmvlayout »

Hi Avi,

As suggested by other members, you would need to take a defensive approach, here (atleast in your talks and dealings with him). However that does not mean that he can take disadvantage of that and start obstructing your work every now & then. So try and understand if his concerns are genuine and he is reasonable in asking you to modify your construction because his building would not get sunlight, air etc. If this is not the case, and he is unreasonable just trying to be selfish to make sure only his interests are protected, then you have to see if that is harming your interests. Try to work amicably with him to convince him that it would not really affect his construction. But if he is adamant and arrogant, then you have to take a well thought out approach here. One of which is taking the BBMP/BDA engineer in to confidence, call him to the site and ask the engineer to speak on your behalf and warn your neighbour, that if he obstructs your work, then action would be taken against him. But you have to bear in mind that BDA/BBMP engineers come to resolve your issue at a cost ;-). Also, you need to resort to this option only after you have left with no other option. Still feel the best would to deal with your neighbour smoothly till you complete construction and take possession of your house.

Regards
Vajra
krikks

Post by krikks »

So, if I understand this right, the OP wants to join some 10ft of his building to his neighbor's compound wall. This is obviously against all rules set forth by BBMP.
The neighbors rightfully so, are mad about this. bdasitesmvlayout proposes OP to bribe the BBMP engineer and use him as an attack dog against the neighbors. princeap suggests the neighbor's strengths as far as political and money connections are concerned be assessed. For what? To find out how best they can be threatened?
Unbelievable!!!!! This is precisely why we are known as the THIRD WORLD!
If the OP for his own sake and for his kids and future generations sake wants to live in a civilized society based on laws, there is only one advise- FOLLOW BBMP rules by the book. If you face problems you have no fear and the law will be on your side.
mithung2000

Post by mithung2000 »

Bbmp also needs to set practical setback rules. If they ask a 30*40 plotownner to leave 8 feet on the front and 4 feet on the sides,then how much plot area is left for construction..
lordsn

Post by lordsn »

I totally agree with krikks.
When you follow the rules you don't have to fear anyone or get high BP.
Otherwise if you prefer to invite trouble now and in the future to come you have to be ready to face the consequence.
Bribing someone for your favor is not going to be a one time payment and will continue forever!
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Pals

First be humans. Throw away all your money, muscle, bureaucratic & political powers to succeed against another by unparliamentary methods.

By looking at this single image itself, anyone can easily say this construction has violated the set back rules i.e. Min 3+ ft set back is not left on either sides
(Its nothing but greediness), & no doubt, it is violating the fundamental rights of the other person who is unnecessarily and intentionally painted in black
to cover up your mistake. Forget yourself as a owner of the under construction building for a while and look at the issue from legal, & matured way from all
angles by putting yourselves in others shoe.

When you have violated the bye-laws, no BBMP/BDA engineer will come & help you, even if you are ready to pay any price for him. He will only advise you to go
for a settlement. B'cos, if anyone challenges his act legally, his career will be in soup.

Wise & matured way is to sit with you neighbor, understand his genuine concern, whether he is expecting any monetary settlement or genuinely concerned
about the basic setback rules. If he is not ready for compromise, you have left with no choice(legally) other than correcting your mistakes.

Imagine, if he is very serious and files a civil suit and gets an injunction order against your construction, you may have to run from pillar to pillar for multiple years.
neither you can resume construction, nor dispose of this under construction asset to anyone. you will be the greater looser & definitely you can't win the case at any
cost, when you are at fault.

Rather than blaming/fighting the neighbor at a cost for selfishness without humanity, better to redesign your plan at minimal loss. You need to remember, you & your
family will live in this building for rest of your life & you have to see your neighbor everyday. What is the use, if you can't even have a descent relation/engagement with your neighbors for rest of your life ?
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Hello Members,

Thanks for all your suggestions and valuable thoughts.
Its always good to speak it out calm and resolve issues humanitarian line, i totally agree with the members.

But this person is not such kind, as far as set back and guides from our side, we are fine in terms of site measurements.
Only the 10ft is the abort is what we have done, rest 20ft remains open with almost 3ft gap. But i know breach is a breach of rules. However
this should not be a problem to him at all.

Coming to his property , its a big one, i guess it should be 40ft x 120ft, with a single house located at the end of the property.
So he has enough light/air etc of about 100ft.. long

This is a year long story and last week also i had a heated conversation with him for the first time, all this while i was addressing him as 'Uncle Pls', 'Aunty Pls', 'Will get it done' etc etc..
i think after the respect was taken away, he has calmed a bit..and now he know, he will never get the respect from me again.

Some times folks.. we need to give the dogs some trashing.
This is getting to go serious, so will keep all posted.

Thanks All
Avi

Return to “Civil Construction”