Requesting Review W/Facing House plan and Material contract

goutam_d

Requesting Review W/Facing House plan and Material contract

Post by goutam_d »

Dear All,
I am planning to construct a new house in 30*40 west facing site. Front is 30 ft. I have a plan to G+2 where ground will be fully stilt floor and 1st and 2nd will be duplex..
Here I am attaching my plan and also I have got estimation from the contractor. Please review it ... any kind of suggestion is welcome..

Regards,
Gout
Attachments
Estimation.zip
Estimation
(184.88 KiB) Downloaded 981 times
WestFacingPlan.zip
Plan
(208.65 KiB) Downloaded 1040 times
goutam_d

Re: Requesting Review W/Facing House plan and Material contr

Post by goutam_d »

Additional information
-- Material details contractor is going to use
a) M-Sand for Concrete and brick work and river sand for plastering
b) Red bricks for brick work
c) Cement (ACC/ Zuari)
d) Steel brand Indus..
e) Main Door Teak(Burma teak) wood // Other door ready made door with thin teak layer
f) window frame and door frame sal wood and other things using Honne wood and glass
Kiran Kumar K

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

Hi try to plan in better way?
Last edited by Kiran Kumar K on January 22nd, 2016, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
krikks

Post by krikks »

Goutam,

If you paid good money to an architect to draw this out for you, ask for a refund and FIRE him at the earliest.

You have planned for a duplex. The whole point of that is to have the feel of a larger home on a relatively smaller plot. That very purpose has been defeated by the odd placement of the internal stair case. That second floor living room is a joke. Its the size of a broom closet with connections that dont make much sense. Trust me, you cant use it for anything. Second floor puja room is not going to be elder and family friendly. If you are going for vastu it aint cutting muster there either to the best of my knowledge. The two bedrooms (non-master) will feel like jail cells with no light or air. Not healthy at all.
To sum it up, the biggest problem I have with this plan is the total lack of respect for light, air and flow. The fundamental things that any kind of building plan has to consider as the foremost consideration.

My suggestions are: Consider having a double height ceiling in the living room or family/dining room (if thats where you will spend most of the time with your family). It makes the space feel large and airy. Ensure that this double height space has some connection to all the bedrooms. It will make every family member feel like they are living in a connected space. Reduce the number of bathrooms if you can (2, max 3). They arent all that fun to maintain and will also suck up a large part of your construction budget.

You are paying good money to get this building constructed and if you are somebody like me, a middle class Indian, this will be your one and only dream home on which you will spend a large part of your life time earnings. Please spend an extra 5% and hire a good architect.

The building offsets in your plan arent up to BBMP code. You must have done that to maximize space. In the long run, you will regret it. Building offsets are specified in the planning code by BBMP for a reason - adequate space for rain water drainage, good light, air etc Please consider following the code as far as possible.
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

For the first floor, having 2 washrooms so close to the Kitchen is un-wanted. Please have 3 ft offset all over your site.
The 2nd floor looks very mis-matched.

If i were you, i would not worry about the stilts type project. I have seen too many folks nowadays doing these type of designs to maximize parking space on the ground floor. However, people do forget that as you get older, it is extremely difficult to climb so many steps. You will then regret it and may even end up not using majority of the area itself, which defeats the purpose.
mok89

Post by mok89 »

Please see this post for my material contract for comparison. PCC, RCC, Brick, Paint works seem to be on higher side.
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7630
goutam_d

Post by goutam_d »

Thanks all for your valuable comments... I will try to incorporate your thought...
Regards,
Gout..
princeap

Post by princeap »

Hi,

some suggestions.
Could not see the space is utilized properly.
Take for example, SF.
Why the C.bath is required?
Pl try to move it to M.BEDROOM.
Just one door to the balcony is enough.
Your Laundry + store looks so much space. I think you just need to put one machine there, right?

rgds,
Prince
sunildn

Post by sunildn »

Hi Goutam,

In the costing plumbing, wood items and SS Handrails looks expensive. Because, most of the plumbers charge on per bath room/kitchen. In that way this looks very expensive.

Regards,
Sunil
karjagir

Post by karjagir »

Hi Goutam,

Railings and plumbing especially seem crazily expensive. I am also currently building something similar to you (with 2 bathrooms).

For SS railings, I have gone with SRail and SGrip which are considered to be fairly expensive in the market. For 2 floors internal staircase with glass and a slightly fancy wood finish balsutrade, Sgrip for my balcony (about 10 Rft) and plain SS railing for the staircase from the parking to the main entrance (no glass), it is costing me about 2.3 Lakhs. Contractors will generally get a local guy to do the job who will not cost as much as Srail. Looking at all these factors, 3.4 lakhs seems very high

Also, SS railings are measured in RFT. Can you check ? The glass is measured is SFT though

Almost 4 lakhs for plumbing work without fittings seems very high. Can you check what all he is including ?

Karthik

Return to “Civil Construction”