Seeking FEEDBACK on OMEGA Lifts

Rashana171904

Seeking FEEDBACK on OMEGA Lifts

Post by Rashana171904 »

Dear Friends,

I'm looking for feedback on Omega lifts for residential usage. I plan to install lift of 6 persons capacity and 6 stops. Got quotation from few reputed vendors, Kone, Scindler, johnson and OMEGA. Among them i would love the technical part of Schindler. However this is quite expensive for Stainless Steel Finish. The OMEGA (Company from Gujarat) offer looks to be attractive with reasonable cost and safety aspects all together. The specification of the lift is Gearless without machine room, capacity about 408kg at 1m/sec speed and stainless steel finish. I'm still negotiating the price and i may be finalizing OMEGA for my residential building. The under negotiating price is around 11lakhs. Can you please help me with your feedback on its quality, safety and more importantly emergency and annual maintenance services. Also the price of the OMEGA lifts negotiated for the above capacity of the lift.

Thanks in Advance

Rashana
umeshhere

Re: Seeking FEEDBACK on OMEGA Lifts

Post by umeshhere »

Hi,
I am looking for a lift too.. what did you decide?
Rashana171904

Post by Rashana171904 »

Umesh, Not Yet decided, still having an option to go with either schindler or Omega,
sidh1982

Post by sidh1982 »

Hi Rashana,

Did you finalize on the Lift and can you please share the quotes.

Thanks
Sidh
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

how much does the oil&grease and with parts AMC cost with omega?
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Rashana
In lifts unless its vertical travel is more than 5-6 floors, higher models makes no difference in performances .Lifts are always gauged by
1. Take off with out jerk
2. Landing with out jerk
3. Safety features like - landing nearest floor and doors open automatically in case of power fail, high power circuit cut off, drive protector, automatic door stopper etc...
4. Fast ( that makes difference only above 5-6 floors )
5. Service team support - very very critical because shut down times are more in lift due to various factor as the age factor goes high. High brands turnout time is more but they attend for sure , local brands turnout time is less but uncertainty always there.

Omega is a good brand with not much of negative reviews . Amc for standard lift will cost around 13 -14k excluding oils . Greasing is some thing that is part of AMC other wise there is no use of taking AMC at all .Since any lift is mechanical it needs regular greasing to avoid wear and tear .
Price is something to be compared only with others quote of same spec ,since its purely technical can only be compared and commented .
Few major cost factors are these
1. Drive - most of the brands procure drives , they don't manufacture .Drive is like heart of the lift that defines speed, smoothness , extra safety features . check with warranty of drive in specific and how does warranty works in case of bad power issues
2. Motor - Most motors are picked from Coimbatore since its hub of motors .So you can check with brand they use if its not their own manufacturing
3. Safety cables and emergency breaks are most important in case of mechanical failure of the lift
4. Does cost includes commissioning the lift ( clearance from bescom and fire if required)

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
Rashana171904

Post by Rashana171904 »

@Sidh, I'm still talking to Omega and Schindler, there is around Rs 70,000 to 1,00,000 difference between them omega being the cheaper for the same specification, I'm looking for Schindler to come back to me with one more number which could make the deal. Omega is also looks good , jerk free ride and good finish with slotless door open/ close but Schindler has its superiority and Being MNC and reputed in the market and some extra saftey features, will let you know the final prices and my decision soon,

@Nivas,
AMC for both omega and Schindler almost the same ranging from Rs25,000 to Rs 60,000 per year. They don' t provide the clear information for this line item, they always dodge that the detail information can only be given by their maintenance division which is totally different from sales team and they will only able to tell after installation, As per my quiz to them Rs 25000 plan will cover only the labor charges and any material need to be provided by the owner . Rs 60,000 plan will cover service plus all components of the lift with consumables such as lubricants.
Schindler will not require lubricant as there are using the coated flat steel belts instead of ropes,

@ Praveen,
Thank you very much for your valuable inputs, I've checked the omega lifts , it gives quite good rides and Schindler as well, omega is providing Fuji drive , Usha Martin ropes , essar or Tata mild and SS steel. Schindler claim they got everything of their own except the steel, Schindler have started manufacturing the lift in India and hence they are able to reduce their prices a bit itseems, I'm thinking of going for Schindler even if it cost little more as this is the perfect for the shaft i have and reliable vendor with good saftey features and records, can you please let me know of their AMC services in Bangalore,

Thanks
Rashana
sidh1982

Post by sidh1982 »

Thanks Rashana, I had an initial quote from Jhonson for 4 Stops Automatic ( G + 3 ) which is 10.8 lac with an AMC option of 25k or 50k. I am planning to talk to Schindler tomorrow and get an quote from them aswell.

Thanks
Sidh
Rashana171904

Post by Rashana171904 »

Ok, try talk to them, is this offer for stainless steel finish or powder coated MS steel, please let me know the out come, they are bit hard to negotiate,
sidh1982

Post by sidh1982 »

Jhonson price is for "PRE-COATED STEEL - TEAK & HAIRLINE COLOUR " . I did talk to Schindler today and he would be sending across quote on monday to me .

Thanks
sidh

Return to “Civil Construction”