Need suggestion for house construction on 30x40

hanamantagoud

Need suggestion for house construction on 30x40

Post by hanamantagoud »

Hi ,

I plan to construct house on 30x40 North facing site vidyaranyapura.

I know one of the contractor who has built house for our family members in the past.
I plan to go with him , as he has done all the houses really well.

I plan to give him the complete contract with per sqft charge which i am yet to discuss and finalize with him.

What all things need to be considered while signing an agreement with contractors ?
Kiran Kumar K

Re: Need suggestion for house construction on 30x40

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

Good luck
sriharip

Post by sriharip »

Hello hanamanta

You told like the contractor has build house for your relatives and you know him

Kindly check with you relatives,it will be better as they r your relatives and you can trust them

Any as per my suggession,You just need to talk clearly about the payment modes that it..:) :)

Thnaks
Sri
bloremanager

Post by bloremanager »

Following things need to be documented.

payment mode - cheque or cash. If paid by cash, he is not going to pay any tax to the government as this amount may not even be disclosed as income. So in essence, you maybe enabling tax fraud.
Is he going to issue invoice in his company name with service tax clearly indicated?
Reference rate for tiles (flooring, bathroom flooring, bathroom walls, kitchen walls), granite for kitchen and stairs, western closets, granite/steel sink
Type of finish for staircase steps (flamed, Laputre, leather etc), half nosed or full nosed.
Type of doors (full A Grade teak or wood with teak veneer or other veneers), windows (Full teak or UPVC or SAL etc) and reference rate for the same. Insist on brass tower bolt, aldrops, hinges, door stoppers for puja, main door and bedroom doors. They look very elegant.
Type and brand of electric switches
electrical safety (MCB, ELCB, surge protectors etc), grounding outside - brand of electric panels.
UPS provision (1 /2/3 KVA) depending on your requirements
3 KW or 5 KW or more than 5 KW BESCOM electric load
Sump size (minimum 8,000 litres), MS-step ladder for terrace, front and side gate (if applicable), MS-Works for stairs, terrace. Reference rate for MS-works as well as guage
Rain water harvesting
Solar water heating system and associated piping
1 or 2 water tanks (triple layered) - sintex, kaveri or equivalent brand - minimum 2000 litres
If you will get cauvery water, provision for water purifier (UV based water purifier is enough, RO is overkill) in the kitchen
Minimum 250 electrical points, charging points for cellphones in bedrooms, hall etc

Return to “Civil Construction”