Export rejected granite

sarbda

Export rejected granite

Post by sarbda »

Was suggested by a granite labor contractor to use export rejected granite for staircase and other common areas since the cost of these granites are cheaper in the range of Rs 40 to 60.

Wanted information on export rejected granites. Would request forum members to share their experience or feedback, Has anyone used it or has knowledge about it.

And also what's the pros and cons of using this material.

Thnx
Sar
guruprasad7

Re: Export rejected granite

Post by guruprasad7 »

Hi Sar,

Can you share the details if you have any ?

THanks,
Guru
sarbda

Post by sarbda »

No. don't have the information. Planning to visit few export granite factories this weekend to check out.
guruprasad7

Post by guruprasad7 »

Ok, Even i want to visit few. Let me know if you get some leads.

Did you decide on the granite flooring for the living areas ? I need some ideas to know which kind of granite would look good ? with grains or dots....
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,Sar
There is no such granite called export rejected in a range of 40-60/- per sft .Min cost of export granite is 150/- per sft and most factories in jigani are not for export but for domestic market .
Its just marketing trick to say export rejected , the real export slabs are always 30mm gangsaw slabs not 20mm & cut slabs . In jigani you get slabs of 17-18mm thick as export reject ,imagine the kind of quality they are maintaining.The machines used in jigani are all old and blades are all bent ,resulting in bent slabs .If you get a smell of kerosene / turpentine it means they are using shortcut for polishing that stays not more than a year .
I am not discouraging you to go jigani but don't believe in all that export rejected stories and end up picking scrap material .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
sarbda

Post by sarbda »

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the inputs. Understand the at jigani you get granite under the range Rs. 60/70 which are procured by most of the building contractors and people for Kerala but yes quality is an issue.

At Mico layout and Sarjapura we could get 1st quality granite. There are also many granite factories which have been established on Krishnagiri road (TN) which i believe we could source good granite.

Planned to visit an export factories near Nelamangala to cross check since one of known person had bought the material from this area for his house construction.

Also Wouldn't the 30mm gangsaw slabs be too heavy for flooring ?

Guru -> Exploring using Italian marble for living area (which is expensive with starting range of Rs 300) along with kitchen which is in same floor area but using marble in the kicthen area could be an issue due to strains. Will finally decide based on the cost and quality of granite vs marble which could be afforded.

Rgds,
Sar
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Yes you get good real export quality granite factories towards krishnagiri ,but none of the granite starts less than 120/- per sft and quantity is critical there ,they dont sell in less quantities unless you have inside contacts .
30mm is mostly used in export because there cement mortar is much expensive and labor intensive , since onsite labor is most expensive in US and UK they stick the 30mm granite direct to slab with just 6 -10mm thick mortar glue .so there by weight of extra10mm granite is compensated by reducing mortar .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
guruprasad7

Post by guruprasad7 »

Hi Sar,

Great buddy.... Even i was looking for Italian marble for my living, dining, kitchen (all of these in GF) and Family hall in my 1st flr..... but later my architect advised that marble will be too cold compared to granite. so i might drop that idea....

Can you provide the details on the export factories near Nelamangala, even i'll take a visit.
Next would be for Sarjapura.... Which Mico Layout you are talking about ??? Give some leads on this please.

Thanks,
Guru
guruprasad7

Post by guruprasad7 »

@Praveen,

Can you share some leads on granite factories on Krishnagiri road please. I require around 3500sqft for in house + around 1250-1300sqft for external.

Thanks,
Guru
sarbda

Post by sarbda »

Guru,

Will let you know once i get the right contacts and after verification.

Rgds,
Sar

Return to “Civil Construction”