Demolition of existing house

pradeep_shiva

Demolition of existing house

Post by pradeep_shiva »

hello,

I am planning for house construction in 30*40 G+3 [GF(parking + small 1bhk)+2BHK(rent purpose)+Duplex(Own Purpose)] in BSK II stage
Construction start is planned in mid of next month, As I was already following this site since a couple of months which had lot of information related to house construction,
hope I will get valuable information for my house construction
currently in site there a GF + 1st floor and has been planned to demolish and make a site first
So for this could somebody suggest what is the process for demolition ? What permissions do I need to take and how much would the demolition cost ?
Thanks for the feedback in advance!!

Best Regards,
Pradeep
mohan_hu

Re: Demolition of existing house

Post by mohan_hu »

Surrender your Electric and Water connection and start demolition. No permission required. New plan needs to approved by BBMP your area.
pradeep_shiva

Post by pradeep_shiva »

Thanks @mohan_hu for the reply!
Any idea of the cost for demolition for GF and first floor around approx 2000 Sq feet.
mohan_hu

Post by mohan_hu »

It depends on the amount of steel and wood in your existing building. In my case I got 10,000 from the demolisher since all my windows and doors were in good conditions. you need to negotiate hard.
pradeep_shiva

Post by pradeep_shiva »

ok , thanks for the suggestion mohan.
I will contact some 2 to 3 demolition contractor's from next week and get the quotes.
deepyes

Post by deepyes »

Hi Friends,

On the subject of demolition of existing house to rebuild, i've a couple of questions...

1. Is surrendering water connection mandatory ? If there is option of converting to commercial, is it too expensive ? Any idea on the present rates please?

2. Upon surrendering electric meters, do we get some temporary connection ? Any idea on the charges ?

Thanks,
Sreenivas
guruhb

Post by guruhb »

deepyes wrote: 2. Upon surrendering electric meters, do we get some temporary connection ? Any idea on the charges ?
Thanks,
Sreenivas
Surrendering electric meters "http://bescom.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... NUMBER.pdf"
1. Recent Electricity bill (For RR number and location detail)
2. Written request with Statement of purpose.
3. Fill the form above mentioned
4. Signature verification document (Any ID card which has your photo / Name + your signature).
5. Indeminity bond (Format mentioned in the Application surrender form).
6. Well This form generally given to BESCOM from a Electrical contractor. (Individual can also do but i am not sure).

Once 1-6 is done, BESCOM guys will visit your home, note down the existing meter reading. you need to pay outstanding amount.
Then you are good to go for demolition.

Re: Temporary connection: For this you need to provide some more detail which i am not sure.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

many people instead of paying commercial price for the BWSSB Water during construction, go for own bore well,
which will be a long term back up water source for them.
guruhb

Post by guruhb »

msn1270 wrote:many people instead of paying commercial price for the BWSSB Water during construction, go for own bore well,
which will be a long term back up water source for them.
Please do suggest : What's the impact of re-constructing an existing home retaining BWSSB connection. As far as my neighbour's comments (which are not sure w.r.t rules).
N1 : Suggested to surrender the existing meter (As he paid close to 1.5 lakh once upon completing the house), upon visiting to BWSSB office (in my region) they requested for a written request for cancellation and they also said to mention where will i sourcing the water for my current construction! For which i said i have a CMC borewell connection and will get the water from tanker.

N2 : Has retained the existing meter as he is staying in ground floor and constructing the house on first floor. He is getting a bill of 500 rs extra per month which mentioned as Commercial / Non resident's.

N3 : You need to pay commercial slab of your BWSSB charges if you are retaining the connection without disconnection and bill amount will be based on consumption units.

Well all the three Neighbours are convincing Except N2 is trust worthy.

Please do suggest
Opt a : Shall i retain the BWSSB existing connection and request to update my resident connection to Commercial
Or
Opt b : Surrender the BWSSB water meter (Which i am not in favour off) I can make sure not to drain much water from BWSSB (used only for drinking water to my construction labours) and if in case of emergency and use the CMC borewell water for construction.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

If I'm right, You are demolishing the entire building and constructing a totally new structure.
I don't think BWSSB gives official water connection to a site having under construction. Once
the construction is complete, you can go for a new connection.

The N2 option mentioned above is a different case, where the owner is extending another
floor on the existing residential building.

Meanwhile, You also need to consider the BWSSB Commercial tariff is economical vs sourcing water
from Tanker or CMC Borewell or going for a bore well, so that you will have a back up water source.

Either for a new connection after the Construction completed or for a Borewell needs investment.
Which one benefits you is to be decided by you.

Return to “Civil Construction”