House Construction - Experience

swamy_blr

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

Price for JSW Neo when I bought was 39000/- Per ton.

Somebody was saying it is increased to 41000/- now, I need to check with my Dealer.
skndr

Post by skndr »

Hi Swamy
Thanks for your valuable reply. Definitely I will make sure to get drawings from architect.

Regards
Skndr
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Thanks for the info Swamy. Appreciate it.

Could you please share your Architect number? I'm looking for one. Either the architects I'm finding are very fancy(kamat & rozario)/mindspace and others or some novices/shady onces.
How much one should expect to pay an architect?
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

swamy_blr wrote:Hi,

Price for JSW Neo when I bought was 39000/- Per ton.

Somebody was saying it is increased to 41000/- now, I need to check with my Dealer.
Hi Swamy_blr,
Could you let me know from where did you buy M-sand?
As regular river-sand is very costly, i'm planning to use M-sand for construction.
Also, please do let me know if its ok to use M-sand for all civil related activities. And what guarentee does the Architect/Contractor give in long term for using M-sand for the building?

Thanks in advance.

Ramki
sudheerkeshav

Post by sudheerkeshav »

Hi Ramki ,
I am buying Msand from AVS Tech (Near Attibele) hosur road for our construction. Very good quality and grading. My entire project (3000 sft ) sand was sourced from them , with 7-10 days credit period.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Ramki,

I am purchasing M Sand from one Factory manufacturer near Devanahalli, the quality is good and getting the rate @ 750 per ton and using only for Concrete related construction. M Sand is already proven one for construction purposes, the Structural engineers is recommending to use in all types of construction. There is no harm in long term as well, All the Ready concrete Companies (ACC, Lafarge, Ultratech etc..) are using the M sand only for their mixture. Only thing needs to be taken during Manual mixing is the Cement:Sand:Jelly Composition mixture as recommended for M20, M25.

Don't buy from the Local ones as they fill it from the Factory left over Sand. Check the thickness of the Sand gravels which shouldn't be too big/Powder type. If you want to go for known M Sand Brands then BESTO, ROBO, TMM are good.

Restrict the usage of M sand to Concrete purpose (Columns, RCC, Lintel, Chajja). Don't use for Plastering purpose.

I will be using River sand for Wall Construction & Plastering Purpose from Harihara/Tirchy which costs around 60K - 80K per 10 Wheeler load, even though it is costly we should use Good River sand for Plastering purpose as cracks will not be visible and finishing will be good.

rgds
Swamy
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Thanks for the info Swamy. Appreciate it.

Could you please share your Architect number? I'm looking for one. Either the architects I'm finding are very fancy(kamat & rozario)/mindspace and others or some novices/shady onces.
How much one should expect to pay an architect?
Hi Sharma,

Usually the Architects charges based on % of Total cost or SQFT or Lump Sum
Starts from 1.5% to 10 % of Total cost. If your Project is 1 Crore then @ 2.5% the architect fee will be 2.50 Lakhs.
Some charges on 100/Sqft - 200/Sqft , If your project is 4000 SQFT then Architect fee will be 4 Lakhs

This will include Dwgs (Floor plan, Structural, Electrical, Plumbing, Elevation etc..) + Site visit Charges depending on Milestone completed.

When you go with Mindspace/Kamat & Rosario - you should be in a position to invest good amount for Construction + Fees as well, because they design the House in much higher budget and if we can't afford it then the whole concept of design will go for task and I can't afford them :roll:

I made a mistake of hiring the architect who is too far from my construction site, almost opposite side. He seems always busy and don't respond to our message/Calls regularly. Majorly coordinate on phone only . He is very good & structural knowledge is very Strong. But if you don't get the proper response in time then what is the use.

Get the Architect/Structural engineer who is very near to your Construction site.

rgds
Swamy
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

River sand can be used with plastering sand in ratio 1:3 and the output will be good.

I have used msand for civil works and plastering with the mixture of both msand and river sand.
skndr

Post by skndr »

Hi
Yes M sand is alternate to River sand ,, . Before start of my construction I did lot of R & D and found M sand is superior than R sand . Few of M sand samples are given for testing and got report. Reports from cilvilaid also checked for compressive strength , . Red articles Noida highway, Trivandrum flyovers are constructed with M sand. Happen to meet Bangalore Metro Engineer also said they r using M sand. Best example is if u r passing near Okalipuram just have look at the flyover construction and tons of M sand lying near . This is best of my knowledge.
Regards
Skndr
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

swamy_blr wrote: When you go with Mindspace/Kamat & Rosario - you should be in a position to invest good amount for Construction + Fees as well, because they design the House in much higher budget and if we can't afford it then the whole concept of design will go for task and I can't afford them :roll:
I'm in the same boat Swamy, Just a middle class guy constructing a small house. i guess I need to skip these architects then. Thanks for the sound advice. I guess I'll search the yehlanka and nearby area and find about an architect. In your last post, you mentioned something like FAR of 1.75, what is it?
Also, I don't see people constructing houses on stilts here, are there any disadvantage of doing that?

Return to “Civil Construction”