House Construction - Experience

svk63

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by svk63 »

Hi Swamy

Crabtree is expensive but looking good (Glass Finish)

For wires between Finolex and Havel which is best in terms of quality.

Recently Finolex Sales Executive referred me Hindwani Electricals in SV Lane , Chickpet - Near Hotel Vijay Vihar as the genuine Finolex Product Distributer

Any of you have visited this distributer for Finolex Products/ Wires.
rajarajangs

Post by rajarajangs »

You have used Birla super 53 grade OPC for almost all your work. Have you/anyone ever thought of using PPC cement for concrete work? When I looked in internet, I come to a conclusion that PPC gives far better strength than OPC varieties once after curing, though the initial strength gaining is faster in OPC. This is all just a bookish knowledge, what is the reality with the available top cement brands, does that work the way as mentioned in internet, like longer curing period, high strength. If so I would prefer using Ultratech PPC for my roof concrete work.

Thanks, Rajan.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Rajan,

I have used Birla Super 53 grade only for Concrete works (Footings, Columns, Slabs & Partly Wall construction) , For rest of the work Plastering & wall construction I have used Bharthi PPC Cement.

Birla Super setting time is very less compared to PPC cement, now a days people don't cure properly and within just 7-8 days they start work for next slab without curing. Hence Birla Super 53 grade is recommended for this type of construction.

It is left to you which cement you use (PPC/OPC) depending on the Curing period you opt. PPC Setting time will take time.

rgds
Swamy
rajarajangs

Post by rajarajangs »

Thanks Swamy. I have just sent an inquiry through ultratech website about whether PPC can be safely used for RCC though the non-written rule in the city says 53 grade OPC. Surprisingly I got a call back from Ultratech tech team and they sent one engineer to my site free of charge to explain the various products they have for construction. He was not mainly into marketing, and provided me enough details on PPC usage for RCC. The important points are
(1) On a rainy season or day, using PPC is troublesome because it doesn't cure fast enough like OPC.
(2) Curing should be done at-least for 21 days and up-to 28 days.
(3) We usually start the wall construction 2/3 days after the roofing when OPC is used, in case of PPC he suggested atleast 8/10 day gap is a must.

He also booked a mobile tech team from Ultratech, to monitor and help with the roof work for free of cost. He also said Ultratech "Buiding solutions" dealers usually stock all the materials needed for house construction, like Tata steel, Dr Fixit etc with them, so essentially we do not have to run around more places. I am yet to check on the price of other materials, especially steel from one of such dealer in Gottigere.
budhgavi

Post by budhgavi »

What is the "on road" cost coming to in rs/sq ft ?
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

Some updates on my House Construction status -

Went to Check the Marbles/Granites @ Krismar, AGS, Hindustan Marbles & Granites.
Finalized some of the Materials at Krishna International Marbles (Krismar @ Dommasandra)

Duplex House
1) Foyer, Hall, Dining, Pooja, Family room, Others & Internal Staircase -- Italian Marble (Irish Cream & Irish Brown Combination) Cost : Rs 400 P/Sqft
2) Wooden Flooring -- Master Bedroom, Parents Bedroom, Kids Bedroom, Guest room (Not yet finalized the Cost :180-200 Per/sqft)

Ground Floor (Rent Purpose)
Flooring -- Granite @ 110 - 125 Per/Sqft

Parking Area, Terrace, Balcony -- Relevant Tiles

Bathroom
Flooring-- Rough Finished Granite Slab @ 120 - 135 Per/sqft
Wall -- Nitco/Kajaria/Somany --- This weekend will finalize the Material & Cost will be shared

rgds
Swamy
Resmi

Post by Resmi »

Can Anybody Please suggest a good architect for constructing a house in east bangalore?
kartheek

Post by kartheek »

Hi Swamy,

Great to hear that construction has reached flooring stage. Can you post the italian marble sample pic?

Thanks, Kartheek
kartheek

Post by kartheek »

Hello Swamy and all,

I need the info on labor charges for Painting. To be more specific... I'm looking for,

1. How is texture (outer walls) work charged (with and without material)?
2. Internal wall putty, primer and paint (with and without material) charges?
3. Wood polish charges?
4. MS grills and Staircase railings painting charges?

Looking forwards...
Thanks, Kartheek
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Kartheek,

Labour charges depends on Painter to Painter , the below charges I am quoting is just Labour charge and not included any material
Please always go and check the Houses done by selected Painter, without seeing don't go for Painting process, you will never satisfied.

1) 3 coats of Putty, 1 Coat Primer & 2 Coat Paint -- Internal Walls/Ceiling = Rs 10 to 14 Per sqft
2) 1 Coat of Primer, 2 Coat of Paint - Outside Walls - Rs 8 to 12 per sqft
3) Wood Polish charges -- Here there are 3 types of Polishing

a) Melamine Finish - Rs 30 - 50 per sqft (Both Sides calculation for eg : if Door is 7*3 = 21 then calculation is 21 + 21 = 42 Sqft)
b) PU Finish (matt finish - Majority will be done in PU Finish) -- Rs 80 -100 per Sqft
c) MRF Polish Finish (More of Glossy look) -- Above Rs. 100 - 120 Per sqft

4) MS Grills & Staircase railings - Enamel paint ( 1 Coat primer & 2 Coat enamel Paint) -- 10 - 12 Per sqft

5) Sal wood/Honne - Enamel paint - Rs. 10 -12 Per sqft

6) I am not aware of Texture Paint Charges, Should be more,

rgds
Swamy

Return to “Civil Construction”