House Construction - Experience

senapathigopi

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by senapathigopi »

I'm constructing my duplex + part basement in NRI layout and my contractor estimate is 1900 psft, my builtup is around 2500sft
so for me, compound wall, Water sump, Electricity meter charges, chimney, giysers are not included in above. I'm thinking 2.5 - 3lcs for these excludes
galaxy wrote:Thank you @swami_blr and other contributing members,

SInce I have got all the drawings and documents from the architect, I am now looking for a good contractor and have talked with few who have given me a quote of Rs 2000 per sqft, I have to meet few more. I wanted to know how much is the overall cost incurred per sqft for construction including material, so that I can ask for a competitive rate after adding contractor's margin and some buffer.

Any information will be appreciated.

Regards,
Harshit
Regards
Gopinath
galaxy

Post by galaxy »

senapathigopi wrote:@Harshit
for a 6500 sft, your Architect's price is higher and looks to me as a commercial price.
Any Architects who is not available for you when you are in need is a waste of time, and hence cost too.
Contractor estimate 2300 psft is very high too even if he giving with woodwork, then "furniture" you meant wardrobes, modular kitchen, TV unit like that?
@senapathigopi, thanks for the response. Yes, furniture means all the wardrobes, modular kitchen etc. and it is not included in Rs 2300 per sqft. I have to again shell out money for that. So I have talking with another contractors who has quoted me around Rs. 2000 per sqft.

What should be an ideal rate per sqft considering I am planning for hollow clay brick cladding on 3 sides of the outer wall and marble/italian marble/granite for flooring on 3 of the floors (G+3).

I have a granite processing factory, but unfortuantely I do not have time to get things done by myself and have to hire a contractor who can take care of both material and labor.

Regards,
Harshit
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

No idea of costing on cladding, but marble/granite/tiles generally contractors will quote rates for any of these say market standard is 80/90 rs per sft.
hence cost increase or decrease in that will be born/taken by owner
eg:- for 1000 sft builtup area
if we choose 150/- as marble psft price, then 90*1000 = 90,000 will be born by contractor and 60*1000 = 60,000 willbe from owners pocket
galaxy wrote: What should be an ideal rate per sqft considering I am planning for hollow clay brick cladding on 3 sides of the outer wall and marble/italian marble/granite for flooring on 3 of the floors (G+3).

Regards,
Harshit
Regards
Gopinath
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi All,

Usually the Material Contractor keeps lot of Margin when taking the Construction Project, Also they use cheap materials if we don't monitor.
But anything above Rs 2000/Sqft is not justifiable for any Construction - Without Interiors.

As per my ongoing experience the Cost of Construction will be around Rs. 1800 per Sqft with Premium Materials as mentioned below.

Materials considered for Premium type Cost of Construction
Cement (Birla Super/ACC/Ultratech)
Steel (JSW/Indus/Tata Tiscon)
Bricks (Clay Wire Cut Red bricks/APCO Cement Blocks)
Wood (Burma Teak - For all Doors & Frames, Windows Shutters)
Flooring - Italian Marble(Range 350 Per Sqft + Labour 100/Sqft)
Wooden Flooring - (Range from Rs 100 - 400 Per sqft)
Plumbing - Ashirvad (CPVC) & Supreme (Sewage)
Electrical - Havells (Wires & MCB"s), Switches (Legrand/Panasonic Vision/Schneider)
Bathroom Wall Tiles - Somany/Kajaria/Nitco Range from 60 - 100/Sqft
Bathroom Fittings - Jaquar/TOTO (Shower Panel, Rain Shower, Taps, Commodes, Washbasin)
Railings - Jindal 304 (@900 - 1000 Sqft)
Grill Work (@ 120 Per Sqft) + Front Gate ( @ 650 - 700 For Cast iron or @800 for SS)
Water Proofing (Fosroc) - Bathroom & Terrace

For Wood work Interiors - Keep additional 15 Lakhs
(For 6 Bedrooms, 4 Cots, 4 TV Units, Beam Panelling, Corner Shelfs, Study Table, Modular Kitchen, Shoe rack, Cutlery Unit etc...)

Century/Green BWP Plywood - 125 Per Sqft
Century/Green Commercial/MR Plywood - 95 Per Sqft
Hettich - Channels & Baskets
Ebco - Inches
Rehau - Edge Binding
Inside Laminates - Marino (@ 575 Per Sheet 8x4)
Outside Laminates (Glossy/Textured/Matt finish) -Range from 4000 - 6000 persqft
Veneer Sheets - (Range from 100 - 250 Per Sqft)

Hope this helps in deciding the cost of Construction. Please feel to comments on the above materials list with cost if any differences found.

rgds
Swamy
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

I think 1800 is very accurate as per your plan and materials used, In my experience interiors using ply and false ceilings are just the fancy things which are not durable for long run whatever quality you use, its for the showoffs. Now after construction of my new house i feel interiors are not worth the investments and old type of wooden are far better and solid strong. The maintenance and labor cost are also high in this ply wood type of interiors. 60+years old wooden wall-robe is so strong and better in my native, considering the plywood which has life of 10-15 years.
y1em216

Post by y1em216 »

Hi All,

I don't think we are getting premium construction for 1800 psft.

I have contacted a builder recently and they are showing GST as a reason to increase the price, as they used to get some of the raw material without bill earlier.

I am attaching rough estimate received from them for 2500sqft construction area (G+1 on a 60X40 site), and the actual plan is not yet finalized. Please share your comments.

Regards,
Nagaraj
Attachments
Residence_Quotation.pdf
(436.68 KiB) Downloaded 758 times
galaxy

Post by galaxy »

Thank you @Swamy, @Gopinath @Nagaraj @girish for your valuable feedback and time.

Your input will immensely help me and other members make the right decision while finalizing overall contractor's rate per sqft and selection of right material.

Regards,
Harshit
satyagupta1603

Post by satyagupta1603 »

Hello All,

First of all Thanks to every one for sharing their house construction experience .I am following this thread more than 2-3 years and understanding steps /phases of construction .Now coming to the point I have a BDA site @east of NGEF layout near Ramamurthy nagar side .I am about to start construction .Borewell digging is completed 3 weeks back and motor installation also done .Luckily got water @ 890 feet and digged till 1000 feet . Temporary electricity connection also done .Labor shed construction also completed . I need all your inputs about house plan . My site is NE corner and site is kind of 41 feet all sides with 4 feet cross towards NE (north side it is 45 feet ) . Got permission/planning to construct stilt +3 floors .Primary purpose is renting out (thinking in future after some time I may occupy one complete floor with 3BHK) . In plan-A I am getting centre steps with 2BHK+2BHK in each floor and plan-B I am getting 2BHK +1BHK in each floor . Initially I was towards plan-A as it gives apartment look with center steps (with Balcony and utility also getting ) .Right side 2BHK kitchen is not as per vatsu .I am kind of compromised there . Plan-B advantage is we get in future with minimum modification full floor as 3 BHK .Where as Plan-A getting full floor as 3BHK looks not possible . Can you please suggest me which one to go . I Any concerns you see with plan-A as it has center steps ??In general center steps construction (plan-A) is started recently and side steps construction (plan-B) is standard one .

Thanks in advance for your comments .

Sree Rama chandra Gupta Kolluru.
Attachments
typical floor plan-B.pdf
(20.51 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
typical floor furniture layout_plan-A.pdf
(51.79 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
GF Furniture layout_Plan-A.pdf
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
satyagupta1603

Post by satyagupta1603 »

Hello Swamy ,

Thanks for your inputs on this forum .I have question on sump .As my site has cauvery connection and also Borewell also done .I need to have 2 different sumps for cauvery and Borewell or one sump ?? Architect is suggesting to go with 17000 lts sump with partition for cauvery and borewell .I am thinking to provide cauvery water to kitchen points .Please suggest your inputs on this.

Thanks ,

Sree rama chandra Gupta
kiran4mybdasites

Post by kiran4mybdasites »

Hi Members,

I'm starting my House construction from this week. I'm following this site regularly and found very useful. I'm doing construction in 20X30 plot. I'm attaching the plan i have finalized. Let me know your views and suggestions.

Also please suggest me on how to select M-sand for concrete work. Any dealers of M-sand near Nagarabhavi or rajarajeshwari nagar would be of great help

Thanks
Kiran
Attachments
kiran 20x30 final 3.pdf
(89.1 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
kiran 20x30 final 2.pdf
(88.84 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
kiran 20x30 final 1.pdf
(94.77 KiB) Downloaded 406 times

Return to “Civil Construction”