House Construction - Experience

Yogavelraj

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by Yogavelraj »

Your shuttering work should be proper with adequate support( talk to your maistry shuttering contraçot personally and express your view).

Mason should be more for shortest period.

Curing arrsngement
should start within 1to 2 hour

That's all
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Swamy

I am looking for your advice again .. we got the Raw Teak wood but it seems just a 1 month old (cut from Tree ) .. few suggested that Teak wood need around 8-12 months seasoning.. but in case it will around 5 months when i start the carpentry work .. after all roofing ..

is their are risk involved if use .. i know best solution can be to get the new one for current use .

please note we got future plan to build one small house after 2 years .. can we keep it long if we don't use now ..

Regards
Kumar
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Ravi,

I don't advise to purchase that Raw Teak which is just 1 month old, Wood pieces will be bend if not seasoned properly.
Atleast 8 - 10 months Seasoned wood is required for any construction purpose. So please check other timbar yards and get the Seasoned wood.
Since your construction needs 5 months for Carpentry work then search for other Timber yards and get good seasoned wood. Why there is urgency and is he giving at very less cost.

Regarding your future Plan - If you don't cut that Raw teak then there is no problem to keep it for multiple years.
If you cut it then you need to keep it on Flat surface with proper air circulation between the Cut pieces.

rgds
Swamy
manj

Post by manj »

Hi Swamy
U are sharing a valuable experience and suggestions in this forum.its really helpful to all.
Can u suggest Msand supplier details with phone number.
How to find out quality of Msand
Regards
Manju
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Manju,

I purchased from Vendor -Anjeneya Enterprises, Contact No : 9845493923 (Nagesh), They have factory at Devanahalli.
You can check the branded one also BESTO, TMM, ROBO, ABM etc... the range of M Sand is from 700 - 1100. Check the Quality and negotiate with them.

Regarding the Quality, your Structural Engineer should help you. For Concrete works (RCC/Pillars/Beam) the M Sand shouldn't be Powder type or too much big Gravels. Don't buy at local trucks and get only from Factory trucks.

rgds
Swamy
umeshjois

Post by umeshjois »

Hello Friends,

I am constructing a first and partially second floor on the existing ground floor house. I need to know whether we can use 53 grade (Zuari) cement for plastering. My architect is telling there is no problem in using 53 grade even for plastering. I have used 53 grade for all concrete work. Please can anyone advise me?

Regards,
Umesh jois
umeshguru

Post by umeshguru »

swamy_blr wrote:Hi,

Sharing some of the activities done on Last week.

Temporary Shed Construction : On 11th Aug 2016, Temporary Shed has been constructed (Partition is done for Security guy & storing items) with Cement Bricks + Cement sheets + Door (14000 + 3500 + 2000) = Rs.19500/- I hope I can use the Cement bricks for Compound Purpose later as bricks costed me 14000 @ 28 per brick Quality is good.

Temporary Electrical Connection : On Friday (12th Aug 2016) got the Temporary Electrical Connection for 28 Days rotation basis with below charges.

3 Phase, 4 KW Deposit : 3400*4 = 13600
Application Form : 100
Meter board : 2000
Electrical Items (Wires, Fuse, Switches, Holder etc...) : 3000 (Please go with Electrician to purchase this items else he will easily overcharge 500/-)
File Processing, Electrician Charges, Bribe to Bescom Officials etc.. : 3000

Total Comes to Rs. 21700/-. Our Electrician taken care all these, He will take meter reading once in 28 days (2 days before) with JE approval and will make payment.
Please ensure the Load capacity should be manageable for your works (Borewell, Steel Cutting, other activities) else BESCOM guys will put penalty for Over load.

Submersible Pump Purchase + Installation : On Friday, I purchased the Submersible Pump for my 900 Feet Borewell.

1) Texmo Aqua, 5 HP 50 Stage Submersible Pump - 28500/-
2) Rishi HDPE Pipe (16 Kg) 259 metre @ Rs 118 per mtr - 30562/-
3) Finolex 4SQmm Cable (285 metre @ 78 per mtr - 21060/-
4) Clamp sets + Other accessories - 2500/-
5) L & T Panel Board (With Auto Stop & Start) - 5250/-
6) Transport & Installation - 2000/-
7) Nylon Pipe for water curing - 950/-

Total Comes around 90822 , But I paid an Amount of Rs 90000/- to Dealer.
Mechanics came & Install the Pump and setup is completed, water was pumping as expected. Major headache of water source is sorted.

rgds
Swamy
Hi Swamy,
Can you give the name of the dealer and address for submersible pump.
My boorewell depth is 800ft. So I will go with same specification what you got.
Thanks
Umesh
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Umesh ,

53 grade for Plastering no problem .. i think settling time is quick when compared to other grade ...not a big difference ..

if you are looking for Texmo dealer .. i would suggest to contact Arun kumar ( +91-8028486171 ) who is the Proprietor for Sri Sai Baba Enterprises .. they are authorized dealer for Texmo itself ... i would say with my experience this person very honest and tell you exact price with small margin ..
... small suggestions here .. buy extra length cable from Starter to Pump .. i my case i consider only for 40 feet for 30*40 site .. which became short after taking safe path

regards
Kumar
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Umesh,

Most architects prefer grade 43 for plastering work because grade 53 settles fast and can cause cracks in plastering. Be judicious.

thanks ravi for sharing the number of texmo guy. I just got borewell done and was looking for pointers. :)
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

@ Umesh jois - Please always use 43 Grade/PPC for Plastering purpose and never go for 53 Grade cement.
Plastering needs more time to settle hence 43 Grade cement is used or else you will see air cracks on the wall which will not look good.

@ Umesh guru - Please check at any dealers in SP Road near KR Market, you will find many of them. Most of them sell their products within 2-3 Thousand difference. But ensure the Quality of the Products to be original (HDPE Pipes/Finolex Wires)

As per mentioned by Kumar - Please ensure you get extra length of Cable wire from Starter to Borewell area else you need to attach additional wire.

I purchased at Asian Electric Company, SP Road. They will give Invoice for all the materials purchased.
Hence there is no worry of duplicate or warranty. Bargain it very well with standard materials.

rgds
Swamy

Return to “Civil Construction”