House Construction - Experience

swamy_blr

House Construction - Experience

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

Shortly I am starting my Dream house Construction, Last week cleaned the Site and Bore well Drilling is done.

Bore well Drilling experience

Got the approval from BWSSB (Cauvery Bhavan) by paying 500 Rs Fee (Paid @ Canara bank) and submitted the form and by following up for 2-3 weeks with bribe of Rs 500 + Geologist Charge Rs 2000/- (Total Approval charge is Rs 3000 including Geologist Fee)

Geologist identified 2 Points (one North East & Other North West) I went with North west due to more water source. I engaged with Manasa Hitech Drilling agency for Bore well drilling, They started the activity at 6:30 AM and ends at 7:00 PM.

We got the Water first at 220 Feet (1 inch) and then at 650 Feet about 1.5 to 2 inches and continued to drill till 900 Feet.
The Water flow was consistent from 650 to 900 Feet. So finally had to stop it. Happy to get that much water in this hot summer days, Surely it will increase in Rainy seasons. It's enough for us for one 2BHK Rent & Self Purpose (Duplex).

The Borewell Charges are -
2.2" MS Casing done was for 100 Feet (100 * Rs 380) = 38000
10" PVC Casing 20 Ft (20 * 325) = 6500
Drilling charges range from 250 to 900 (Rs 60, 70, 80, 95, 115, 135, 155, 195 )
Additionally they charge for Collar, Welding, Caps + Transportation + Labour -- Rs 3500
Water flushing charges - Rs 15 Per feet (upto 450 they considered)

Total Drilling charges comes to around Rs 146000/- + Some tips of (Rs 2000) to Labours

Lesson Learnt
1) I could have saved 7600/- by putting MS Casing upto 70-80 Feet as suggested by Geologist , be careful about this and inform them in advance about the feet you will put Casing (Generally 60-80 is enough) else it is additional cost
2) There is no need of 10" PVC Case which they intentionally put upto 20-40 Feets which could save us money.
3) Ensure your presence during Welding the MS Case Joints, else welders will do shady jobs which will result later in leaking

Overall happy with Output.

Next Steps....

I am in Final discussion with my Architect who is designing my House, Tomorrow we are finalizing the Floor Plan and will share with you for review and any correction.
goutam_d

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by goutam_d »

Hi Swamy,

I am planning do the borewell in 1 or 2 month.
Can you please tell me totally how much you have spend for the borewell? I have to do the estimation for the borewell..

Regards,
Gout
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Goutam,

Regarding Borewell expenses, if the drilling feet is below 1000ft then consider 1.5 lakhs, also keep 1 lakh for motor, wires, panel board, HDPE pipe, miscellaneous, so total 2.5 lakhs is needed towards Borewell expenses. If you have water connection like (Cauvery/Society) don't go for Borewell, not worth considering the charges and water source now available, even if you drill 1300 feet sometimes we don't get water. Don't know which area your site is located. Please take judious decision on water source. All the best.

Rods
Swamy
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Thats correct- Invest in borewell if you are in a guarantee that for 10+ years you are able to get the water.
But this might no be considered if there is no kaveri water supply in your area.
Also need to check the quality of water for hardness and fluoride for suitable usage.
I have seen last week 3 failed borewell drills in jayanagar 9th block with issue with soil- So consult 2 geologist and make a wise decision.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

On the Next steps, I am looking for installation of Motor for Borewell HDPE Pipes, Wires, panel board etc....
Could some body provide the good/Reliable Vendor for Purchase - SP Road/JC Road etc any other Good place to purchase.

Also please provide the best brands/Specs for the Materials with Current running price if you have already .... Texmo, V guard,
As per suggestions, I need to go for 5HP (35-40 Stage) motor (Borewell Depth is 900 Feet)

Awaiting your inputs, Thanks in advance

rgds
Swamy
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Swamy, go with Texmo. I got it for 90K including installations, pipe and wires etc.
I Think 3/4HP 30-40 stage with 3 Phase is more than enough for 950 feet.
PM if u want more details, i will get the complete details from my bill.
nidhin

Post by nidhin »

One month back i installed Borewell pump.Total amount came to me around 74,500 including installation for 750 feet
TARO TEXMO 4.0 HP 40 STAGE 3 Phase pump set
L & T CONTROL PANEL FOR 4.0 HP
RAKSHA HDPE 40 MM 16 KG PE 80 (in Mtrs)
Finolex 4 Sq mm 3 core cable flat Submersible Cable-235
Top and Bottom Steel End fitting
CLAMP SET Heavy + BORE CAP Heavy
NRV G. METAL + RD BUSH + NIPPLE + SHORT BEND Heavy
Transportation + Installation
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Thanks Girish & Nidhin for the inputs.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Friends,

I finalized our Floor plans, Please find below the plan details for any suggestion and inputs.
Attachments
Floor Plans.pdf
Floor plan
(74.08 KiB) Downloaded 1784 times
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

swamy_blr wrote:Hi Friends,

I finalized our Floor plans, Please find below the plan details for any suggestion and inputs.
Hi Mods,
The attachment when clicked to open says "The selected attachment does not exist anymore" for me.
This happens for all the attachments on this website.
Anything wrong?

Ramki

Return to “Civil Construction”