House Construction - Pre Approval Work Process

bobbyvijaybs

House Construction - Pre Approval Work Process

Post by bobbyvijaybs »

Hi All -

All these days i was a silent reader of various topics discussed on this forum and was benefited to some extent. Now, i took some time to share my experience of House Construction which I've started recently (15-06-2016). However, I'll share my experience on the pre work required for starting your dream home.

By the way, my property is located in Mahadevapura (ward no 81), which also overlaps with A.Narayanapura, Bengaluru East.
It's 'A' Khatha within BBMP limits, 1200 sq ft east facing, Ground + 2 floors

List of documents to get BBMP building plan approvals:

1. BWSSB connection bill (~INR 8000). Directly walk-in to BWSSB office and get details, and produce the DD and get acknowledgement. No bribe
2. Up to date property tax paid (BBMP tax collector will determine the value). Each year tax has to be in DD's addressed to BBMP Commissioner. No bribe
3. Up to date EC from Tahsildar office (standard fee). No bribe
3. A Khatha certificate. I got this from HAL BBMP office (paid around 6000)
4. BBMP Extract up to date (current year, you can get this from Vignanagar BBMP office). I paid, 1,700 to get this (100 rupees fee and rest as bribe)
5. Architect buidling plan designing for BBMP approval. This is NOT an actual plan, but then a plan is needed to get BBMP approval. I paid 3000 after lot of scrutiny in and around the BBMP office in Mahadevapura. This involved almost a week time, the engineer filed my case and submitted to the BBMP Office. My requirement was Ground + 2 floors on a 30 * 40 Site.
6. Paid 8000 as bribe to BBMP Engineer, Yes it's unavoidable as the whole BBMP system is corrupted to the core. Initially, the engineer asked me for 12000, but then i directly walked-in to the BBMP head Engineer and negotiated. Later, got the approval copy in a week's time and got the blue prints as well. I paid around 81,000 for the DD's.
(BBMP Building Plan DD INR 12000 Commissioner BBMP Bengaluru
BBMP Building Plan DD INR 33535 Commissioner BBMP Bengaluru
BBMP Building Plan DD INR 33890 SKSB AND OCWWB Bengaluru)
7. Structural design and house plan, I wasn't interested initially because most of the architects were trying to take me for a ride by quoting 50K or 20K, which i thought needless and not necessary. The reason why i think this way is because i could see 'n' number of building designs posted on this forum and other sites, as per vasthu, it is evident that certain things in design has to met accordingly and i had a fare amount of knowledge and i designed my building plan myself. But my Mestri insisted me to have one plan from architect which tells us about structures, beams, pillers and etc. I finally paid 5000 to get that plan which includes structure details. Finally, it was worth it but the plan is more or less the same design which i wrote earlier :)

I'm going with SBI for Home Loan. Process is fairly simple, submit the above documents, salary details, existing loans, mother deeds etc.
bobbyvijaybs

Re: House Construction - Pre Approval Work Process

Post by bobbyvijaybs »

Attached some of the pics of the building plan and structure details and columns details
Attachments
Strc 2.PNG
Strc 2.PNG (786.6 KiB) Viewed 10872 times
Strc 1.PNG
Strc 1.PNG (774.14 KiB) Viewed 10872 times
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Any update on your house construction bobby?
I liked how you gave the price breakup of all the expenses.
Also, don't architects design a house which is according to BBMP building plan? If you submit a different plan than what is actually constructed, won't it create issues later?
bobbyvijaybs

Post by bobbyvijaybs »

Thanks ! Second floor is completed. I'm in process of putting a small third floor room.
Yes, architects do design plans according and in sync with BBMP building plan but BBMP plan sanction norms have various clause like no of kitchens, no of floors, no of covered car parking area mandate and so on. At times it is difficult to match all those things and also your taste. Many of the BBMP plan designers will give you plan advise to fit the BBMP requirements but in reality 5 - 10 % of building deviation in actual plan and BBMP plan is accepted. In my case, the plan sanction was for 3 kitchens and in reality i now got 4 kitchens. Yes, it might create issues, BBMP engineer may/may not pay a building visit which is still due. If he does something (bribe) needs to be setup.
ssharma

Post by ssharma »

Nice. Good to know. Please post some pics as well.
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

bobbyvijaybs wrote:Hi All -

All these days i was a silent reader of various topics discussed on this forum and was benefited to some extent. Now, i took some time to share my experience of House Construction which I've started recently (15-06-2016). However, I'll share my experience on the pre work required for starting your dream home.

By the way, my property is located in Mahadevapura (ward no 81), which also overlaps with A.Narayanapura, Bengaluru East.
It's 'A' Khatha within BBMP limits, 1200 sq ft east facing, Ground + 2 floors

List of documents to get BBMP building plan approvals:

1. BWSSB connection bill (~INR 8000). Directly walk-in to BWSSB office and get details, and produce the DD and get acknowledgement. No bribe
2. Up to date property tax paid (BBMP tax collector will determine the value). Each year tax has to be in DD's addressed to BBMP Commissioner. No bribe
3. Up to date EC from Tahsildar office (standard fee). No bribe
3. A Khatha certificate. I got this from HAL BBMP office (paid around 6000)
4. BBMP Extract up to date (current year, you can get this from Vignanagar BBMP office). I paid, 1,700 to get this (100 rupees fee and rest as bribe)
5. Architect buidling plan designing for BBMP approval. This is NOT an actual plan, but then a plan is needed to get BBMP approval. I paid 3000 after lot of scrutiny in and around the BBMP office in Mahadevapura. This involved almost a week time, the engineer filed my case and submitted to the BBMP Office. My requirement was Ground + 2 floors on a 30 * 40 Site.
6. Paid 8000 as bribe to BBMP Engineer, Yes it's unavoidable as the whole BBMP system is corrupted to the core. Initially, the engineer asked me for 12000, but then i directly walked-in to the BBMP head Engineer and negotiated. Later, got the approval copy in a week's time and got the blue prints as well. I paid around 81,000 for the DD's.
(BBMP Building Plan DD INR 12000 Commissioner BBMP Bengaluru
BBMP Building Plan DD INR 33535 Commissioner BBMP Bengaluru
BBMP Building Plan DD INR 33890 SKSB AND OCWWB Bengaluru)
7. Structural design and house plan, I wasn't interested initially because most of the architects were trying to take me for a ride by quoting 50K or 20K, which i thought needless and not necessary. The reason why i think this way is because i could see 'n' number of building designs posted on this forum and other sites, as per vasthu, it is evident that certain things in design has to met accordingly and i had a fare amount of knowledge and i designed my building plan myself. But my Mestri insisted me to have one plan from architect which tells us about structures, beams, pillers and etc. I finally paid 5000 to get that plan which includes structure details. Finally, it was worth it but the plan is more or less the same design which i wrote earlier :)

I'm going with SBI for Home Loan. Process is fairly simple, submit the above documents, salary details, existing loans, mother deeds etc.
Thanks a lot for your time to put all the info in one place .. i am interested to know how is u r design looks .. sorry not able to find the drawings
bobbyvijaybs

Post by bobbyvijaybs »

GF.JPG
GF.JPG (64.62 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
GF.JPG
GF.JPG (64.62 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
SF.JPG
SF.JPG (54.16 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
Attachments
FF.JPG
FF.JPG (79.34 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
bobbyvijaybs

Post by bobbyvijaybs »

footings.JPG
footings.JPG (107.26 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
footings.JPG
footings.JPG (107.26 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
Attachments
footings details.JPG
footings details.JPG (111.4 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
bobbyvijaybs

Post by bobbyvijaybs »

FYR attached drawings in-line in subject.
My first floor and second floor is a replica. On the second floor, I have two single bedroom houses with a minor change in the space allocation and entrance facing.
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

thanks for update

Return to “Civil Construction”