Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

kumarraja
Posts: 56
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby kumarraja » October 20th, 2016, 10:49 pm

Have anyone used plastering grade m-sand ?

Is it good to use such sand ?

kumarraja
Posts: 56
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby kumarraja » October 22nd, 2016, 9:46 am

For plastering purpose

ardesarchitects
Posts: 823
Joined: June 20th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby ardesarchitects » October 23rd, 2016, 12:50 pm

Hi kumararaja
M sand in plastering is something that is under observations, being done in some of the commercial and apartments. Technically speaks there is no problem with M-sand, being traditionally attached to sand it may take more time for people to shift to m-sand plastering completely.
We did used m-sand on our own office compound wall to see if it fails :), till date we didn't see any problem but there is a finishing issue with m-sand since the granules are not grinded smooth like river sand. You can feel the difference when you rub m-sand in hand vs river sand.

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

sudheerkeshav
Posts: 54
Joined: January 11th, 2016, 10:24 am

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby sudheerkeshav » October 24th, 2016, 9:12 am

We can use plastering grade msand definitely. We are using it for entire plastering of our house which is under construction. The grading of the msand differs from the regular msand. we did a survey between 3-4 brands of plastering msand and finally decided to go with one , which is around 62rs per cft.
Regards,
sudheerkeshav

kumarraja
Posts: 56
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby kumarraja » October 24th, 2016, 9:27 am

Architect Praveen,

Thank you for your expert advice, just a small clarification, did you use plastering grade m-sand or the normal m-sand for the compound wall you have mentioned?

Thanks,
Kumar

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi kumararaja
M sand in plastering is something that is under observations, being done in some of the commercial and apartments. Technically speaks there is no problem with M-sand, being traditionally attached to sand it may take more time for people to shift to m-sand plastering completely.
We did used m-sand on our own office compound wall to see if it fails :), till date we didn't see any problem but there is a finishing issue with m-sand since the granules are not grinded smooth like river sand. You can feel the difference when you rub m-sand in hand vs river sand.

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

kumarraja
Posts: 56
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby kumarraja » October 24th, 2016, 9:35 am

Sudheerkeshav ,
Who was your plastering grade m-sand supplier ? You completed your entire plastering with this sand ?

I asked some masons, and this is what they say.

1.Some builders mix river sand with plastering grade M sand for completing the plastering.
2. Some builders use river sand for ceiling and plastering grade M sand for walls.

Thanks,
Kumar


sudheerkeshav wrote:We can use plastering grade msand definitely. We are using it for entire plastering of our house which is under construction. The grading of the msand differs from the regular msand. we did a survey between 3-4 brands of plastering msand and finally decided to go with one , which is around 62rs per cft.
Regards,
sudheerkeshav

ardesarchitects
Posts: 823
Joined: June 20th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby ardesarchitects » October 24th, 2016, 11:00 am

Hi ,
For plastering wall or ceiling with M-sand should be plastering grade only .Other grades granule sizes are either big or too powder form.
We used plastering grade only for our compound wall .We used bharathi cem M-sand in our case.

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

sudheerkeshav
Posts: 54
Joined: January 11th, 2016, 10:24 am

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby sudheerkeshav » October 24th, 2016, 11:17 am

Hi Kumar,
We procured msand from AVS Tech , near attibele. they supplied us the entire msand requirement for our new construction and now going with plastering sand. I can whatsapp any pictures to you if you want to see the finish , quality etc.

Regards,
Sudheerkeshav

kumarraja
Posts: 56
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby kumarraja » October 24th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Sudheerkeshav,

Yes, we can get some feel if you share some pictures.

At what rate you procured. Plastering grade M sand ?

Thanks,
Kumar


sudheerkeshav wrote:Hi Kumar,
We procured msand from AVS Tech , near attibele. they supplied us the entire msand requirement for our new construction and now going with plastering sand. I can whatsapp any pictures to you if you want to see the finish , quality etc.

Regards,
Sudheerkeshav

kumarraja
Posts: 56
Joined: May 12th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Re: Can plastering grade m-sand be used?

Postby kumarraja » October 24th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Dear Arch Praveen,

In your experience and analysis, what is you final say on using plastering grade M sand for plastering?


Thanks,
Kumar

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi ,
For plastering wall or ceiling with M-sand should be plastering grade only .Other grades granule sizes are either big or too powder form.
We used plastering grade only for our compound wall .We used bharathi cem M-sand in our case.

Regards ,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com


Return to “Civil Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests