Plan To Start Construction

CivilGuy

Re: Plan To Start Construction

Post by CivilGuy »

Armchair_general wrote:7.5 lacs is too much. You need to plan around for a few architects. I met atleast 6-7 architects before I selected the one who I found agreable.
Sir,
Please send numbers of other architects also.

Regs
JK
Armchair_general

Post by Armchair_general »

My architect can be found at ashwinarchitects.com
Jagz

Post by Jagz »

I already have 30x40 G.F 2 bhk west facing house with brick masonry load bearing wall construction.
Have you considered the option of demolishing it and constructing from scratch?
Though a lot of engineers might not accept it, enhancing a structure of this kind, will limit the planning.
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

@armchair general could you please share the boq prepared and the rate quoted . We are also in the lookout for contractor
Armchair_general

Hi sc_new, send me a PM with your email ID. I will send you the copy of the quote.
Armchair_general

Loan is approved, I am continuing with the construction.

Started with the putty work. Frozen the design of the modular kitchen and wardrobes.
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

Hi Armchair_general,
Could you provide good civil contractors numbers. My plot is also in Ramaiah layout, 8th mile.

Thanks
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

Armchair_general wrote:Hi sc_new, send me a PM with your email ID. I will send you the copy of the quote.
Thank you
Highly appreciate your help
Have sent pm
Regards
SC
Armchair_general

ramki067 wrote:Hi Armchair_general,
Could you provide good civil contractors numbers. My plot is also in Ramaiah layout, 8th mile.

Thanks
I am very satisfied with the work of my current contractor. Rajesh.

You can reach out to him @ 97401 83337.

Feel free to contact me for any info.
Armchair_general

Hello All,

I have completed the construction of the house in Feb. It has been three months now as now.

First off, I want to thank this forum from the bottom of the heart. It has been a valuable repository of knowledge and sharing of experience by the forum members has been exemplary.

I have watched my father build 3 houses and it anguished me how the final finished project turned out. The end product was crudely finished, unsatisfactory quality and frequent and costly maintenance fixes. I resolved that when I will commence on the journey of my dream house, I will not repeat his mistakes.

I understood that quality of life and ease of maintenance would be my target of the dream house.

My journey started in 2016, when I purchased the site. It is in a gated community and was ideally placed in the central location between Bellandur and E-city. Thankfully the papers were valid and we had a painless experience in getting the ownership transferred.

I had decided to get a architect designed house. The extra 5 % was bearable. My reasoning was that since I was busy in my job, I will be constrained by my lack of time, knowledge and experience. Life has taught me that knowledge is expensive, useless advise is free.

I met a series of architects in Bangalore, it was a sobering experience. Some right away refused to meet me saying that they prefer to work on a minimum of 2000 + sq/ft sites. Others met me but did not bother following up despite multiple reminders.

Others put a condition that i have to use their contractors and purchase materials from their preferred vendors. These conditions were unacceptable to me. It took me a couple of months, but finally I met Ashwin Ananth from Ashwin Architects.

He was very patient and understood my requirements. He advised me on the risks and mistakes done by all the stakeholders in the project. I was very impressed with his honesty and upfront attitude. I met him multiple times and was convinced to sign him up as the architect.

Contd...

Return to “Civil Construction”