Plan To Start Construction

Armchair_general

Plan To Start Construction

Post by Armchair_general »

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone in this forum I have managed to accumulate much needed knowledge and info.

We recently bought a plot near Haralur Road. Plot size is 1400 feet. Type will be duplex i.e., G + 1.

I have engaged an architect. I like the plan, elevation etc. I am right now looking for a contractor. The BOQ given by my architect does not make sense. he has quoted 70 lacs for 2 floors. I found the amount laughable.

Can you all please suggest me a contractor nearby who can execute the project ?
Yogavelraj

Re: Plan To Start Construction

Post by Yogavelraj »

What is the builduparea. Can you upload plan and the boq for understanding and knowledge. I have also plan of Dulles like you searching for vendor . I am planning to finalize plan with the archetixt.
Armchair_general

Hi Yogavelraj,

I cannot upload from work. I will upload it from home.
Purusoth Ariputhiri

Post by Purusoth Ariputhiri »

hi, the Construction cost would be Around 45 Lakh for 1950sqft (G+1), which includes
1. Basic construction (stc. & finishes) - 1950x1450 per sqft (basic finishes) = 29 Lakh
2. Value addition (like Teak Wood doors & windows, Granite flooring, Wall mounted closet,
Jaquar fittings & Main door safety shutter with Grill) - 8 Lakh
3. External development (Compound Wall Construction, back filling, Under ground sump, External drain & drain
slab, Gate & MS fabrication works) - 3 Lakh
4. FIT-OUTS (Includes Kitchen Cabinet, bedroom Wardrobes, TV Console with book shelf) - 4.5 Lakh
Total (1+2+3+4) = 45 Lakh, once you upload the plan, we could figure out the cost.

Regards
Armchair_general

I have attached the detailled BOQ and the plans.

Site is east facing toward the road.
Last edited by Armchair_general on December 1st, 2017, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

As per your plan you can save 10-15% if you can go for labor contract. Any thing between 55-60 Lacks will be the good estimate.
You are paying at-least 10% more for this estimate.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

Car parking : You need to leave at least 16 Feet length (Always Consider the Innova/Fortuner dimensions for Car parking), 13 Feet length will not good enough for Sedans (Verna/Ciaz/City) also, your dimension will accommodate only Hatch back (Jazz/I20/Figo etc..)

TV Location : Check if you can put on South Side Wall , the Viewing area will be long and there will not be any disturbance to watch TV when people walkin to Kitchen/Dining/Room

1st Floor - For Bedroom 3, Change the Bath Room & Wardrobe next to Staircase from Right Side and allow the Landscaped Sit out area open to Bedroom 3, Also the Room will be on Road Side with good ventilation and Sunlight.

Check the Bath room layout, ensure Commode should come first, then Wash basin and then Bathing area, so the Commode area will be wet free.

Rest is fine and ok.

Construction cost considered is too high, For 2 Floors without Wardrobe 70 Lakhs is not acceptable, The Total area would be max 25 Chadra/2500 SQFT. Considering 2000/SQFT the Cost would be around 50 Lakhs + Interiors = 10 lakhs

If you can workout Labour Contract, you can save a lot With good High Quality materials. But you need to invest your time during construction.
Purchasing of Materials + Monitoring.

Best of luck for your construction.

rgds
Swamy
Armchair_general

swamy_blr wrote:Hi,

Car parking : You need to leave at least 16 Feet length (Always Consider the Innova/Fortuner dimensions for Car parking), 13 Feet length will not good enough for Sedans (Verna/Ciaz/City) also, your dimension will accommodate only Hatch back (Jazz/I20/Figo etc..)
The plot is located in a gated community, and my site is @ the end. I would be parking the car outside anyways. And after this project, I doubt I will have enough vitamin M to upgrade from my swift.
TV Location : Check if you can put on South Side Wall , the Viewing area will be long and there will not be any disturbance to watch TV when people walkin to Kitchen/Dining/Room
Thats a good suggestion. I will keep that in mind.
1st Floor - For Bedroom 3, Change the Bath Room & Wardrobe next to Staircase from Right Side and allow the Landscaped Sit out area open to Bedroom 3, Also the Room will be on Road Side with good ventilation and Sunlight.

Check the Bath room layout, ensure Commode should come first, then Wash basin and then Bathing area, so the Commode area will be wet free.
I will check that with the architect
Rest is fine and ok.

Construction cost considered is too high, For 2 Floors without Wardrobe 70 Lakhs is not acceptable, The Total area would be max 25 Chadra/2500 SQFT. Considering 2000/SQFT the Cost would be around 50 Lakhs + Interiors = 10 lakhs
I am planning to buy wardrobes from Godrej interio. they are adjustable, the quality of metal is good and we will have a nice good looking wardrobe for a long time.
If you can workout Labour Contract, you can save a lot With good High Quality materials. But you need to invest your time during construction.
Purchasing of Materials + Monitoring.

Best of luck for your construction.

rgds
Swamy
Both of us husband and wife work. Our parents are aged. We have no option but to go for a contractor. I will be definitely reaching out to the knowledgeable members of this forum to seek help when purchasing the materials.
Yogavelraj

Post by Yogavelraj »

Very nice plan . only cost has to be justified. What was your assement on cost. As Bangalore suggest cost Rs.2000/sft is good. If labour contract ur time also maters money if you convert that to money it may match money. Only the questions is satisfaction level. How the construction is monitored day to day.
Armchair_general

I am expecting a range of 1800 to 2000/sft. I will have to see how the contractors will respond with the price as the BOQ is very much detailled. Regarding the quality of material and construction, my architect has assured me that he will be around to verify and provide guidance at every step.

Return to “Civil Construction”