Plan To Start Construction

Armchair_general

Re: Plan To Start Construction

Post by Armchair_general »

We will complete the outdoor and indoor plastering in another 10 days. I have chosen the tiles. Vitrfied Matt finish - Satin. Next up is the interiors.

I have received a quote for parallel kitchen # 365000 and wardrobe @ 400000 (3 bhks). Marine ply with Hettich accessories.

Can anybody recommend good company for kitchen and wardrobe?

Carpentar can never give the quality finish similar to factory.
bhagatam

Post by bhagatam »

Hi Armchair_general ,

I am unable to get plan approval as betterment charges receipt is lost by previous owner of the site.Kindly let me know contact person or the process you followed to pay the betterment charge newly.
I visited BBMP Bommanahalli office, for my site of 1500 sq.feet, they are saying it will cost around 1.5 lakh, 2lakh etc if i pay newly.
But according to latest BBMP order the charges are 250/sq.meter , which will be 35k for my site.
sun

Post by sun »

If receipt is lost then too, BBMP records should show/have a way to find out if betterment charges are paid. They will be able to find ot easily with Survey number and site number.

In my case the land lord had paid the betterment charges while applying for the DC conversion back in 1990`s and none of the site owners had the receipt. But BBMP did acknowledge that there are no due wrt betterment etc.
ragalax

Post by ragalax »

there are 3 possible chances here
1st:in some cases, the guys who formed the layout might have paid the betterment charge to BBMP. in that case you just need a photo copy of that. since it is the same copy for all the sites, it should be there with the neighbours requiest for it.

2nd:in some other cases, people might pay betterment for individual sites, if you are sure that betterment has been paid then you can find the record in the ARO office, and if you pay 2 to 3 K (unofficially) then they will give you a copy of the same with in 2-3 days.

last case:seller of the site has not paid the betterment charges so now you have to pay, that can be done with a special notice from joint commissioner BBMP bommanahalli and in this case you need pay to people in the office that amount is more than the actual fee.
take time and do it it cleanly.
if you need any help in this regard send me a PM.
bhagatam

Post by bhagatam »

The previous owner has Xerox copy of demand draft dated 24/12/97 payable to commissioner CMC, bommanahalli for paying betterment charge.
I had given Xerox copy of which has DD details (date, dd number, amount)
I had given Khata certificate of the Previous owner in the year 1997 which has survey number & site number
I had Given Xerox copy of two Neighbors betterment charge receipt where they had paid in Oct-1997 and feb-1998
I had given 2k to search
Explained to BBMP person that our site betterment receipt will be also in the same book with respect to our neighbors
The BBMP person is telling I cannot Guarantee you that will get the receipt only 50% chance is there.
Armchair_general

Apologies for the late reply. I was on travel. Regarding betterment charges, we paid via the agent Vinod. The previous owner had not paid the betterment charge.

Fees 250 per sq meter
Bribe 15000
Armchair_general

We have slowed down the construction of the house. I have to go for a home loan for the completion.

I reached out to SBI. Icici and HDFC. Only hdfc got back.

Amt to be sanctioned: 35 lacs
Rate of interest: 8.7
Type: Floating

Pending work:
Flooring and tiling
Plumbing
Electirification
Painting
Interiors
Elevation
Ward robe and kitchen
CivilGuy

Post by CivilGuy »

Hi All,
I already have 30x40 G.F 2 bhk west facing house with brick masonry load bearing wall construction.
With the blessings of the Almighty I am planning to construct 1st Floor and 2nd Floor in duplex
type, with Kitchen Hall Bedroom in first Floor, and Family room, 2 bedrooms plus study on the second floor .
I have several questions to our esteemed friends.
1. How many floors can i build on load bearing structure.
2. I approached a reputed architect for planning. He is quoting 7.5 lakhs for structural design, architectural design, elevation, electrical and Plumbing design and drawings plus interior design. I feel the rate is little too high . I am planning to go only for structural, architectural,elevation , electrical and plumbing design for which the charges are 3.75 lakhs. for designing around 2700 sft. ( 900 + 900 F.F +S.F ) plus multipurpose hall on the third floor
with light weight temporary structure. Plan to have gym/yoga room with storage on third floor if budget permits.
3. Plus the architect has suggested to make provision for small hydraulic lift by cutting the slab above the parking lot.
[/size]
I want to know from members if the rate quoted by the architect is reasonable or they suggest new architects . Btw the site is located in HMT
layout Off Tumkur Road 8th Mile Bangalore. Members can send in their valuable suggestions to jaykumar_iyer@yahoo.com or contact me personally at
Thanks and Regards
Jayakumar
Armchair_general

7.5 lacs is too much. You need to plan around for a few architects. I met atleast 6-7 architects before I selected the one who I found agreable.
CivilGuy

Post by CivilGuy »

Armchair_general sir,

Please give other architect Numbers
Regs
Jk

Return to “Civil Construction”