DESIGN IN STEPS

keerthi2006

DESIGN IN STEPS

Post by keerthi2006 »

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what type of steps design i can go for my house.

Let me know your design and type of steps.

Thanks,
kk
ardesarchitects

Re: DESIGN IN STEPS

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,KK
In steps you can make different designs based on material & shape
Shape
1. Waist slab - The bottom of the stair is flat that looks normal when you see it from bottom
2. Folded plate - The top and bottom of stairs looks alike and the side profile looks crisp. This is also called chain link stairs in local mason language
3. Cantilever - This type needs a solid wall on one side and the steps are projected direct out from wall. Can be done in RCC/Steel
4. Spiral stairs - This is a space saver stairs used mostly for service stairs and not very user friendly for old age or kids

Materials
RCC, Steel MS, Wood ( very expensive in case of fully wood ), Glass in combination with steel

Stair is a very crucial element in the entire house that need to designed and resolved right before you construct. Ideally stair case will have 10 - 11" thread width and 6-7" raiser ht .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
facebook.com/ardes.architects
keerthi2006

Post by keerthi2006 »

thanks for your response.

can you please post some pictures of the design of steps
navhe

Post by navhe »

Chain/folded style is more trendy these days. This will cost extra and need expert labor for proper centering.
My steps are designed in this style - Both external and internal stairs. This looks good.

If you are planning to make use of below staircase area - with wood work, you may go for weist slab as most of the below portion will be covered.
Also depends on your stair case design - if you have only 2 climbing sections, go for weist.
Else if you have 3 sections with one side of each step visible (other side towards wall), go for chain link.

Attached one drawing from my architect for your reference.
Attachments
STAIRCASE 2 DETAILS.pdf
(21.73 KiB) Downloaded 512 times
keerthi2006

Post by keerthi2006 »

Nave,

can u send the picture for the steps ?

Return to “Civil Construction”