honne for door and window frames

rajeshrao

honne for door and window frames

Post by rajeshrao »

hi all,

i have a plan of using Australian honne for my door frames(vaskal) and window frames. but i heard honne leaves out red stains when it get contacts with water.

How to avoid red staining from honne
Is there any better wood(other than teak) for door and window frames.
any body tried with Padauk ?

please share your experience.
swamy_blr

Re: honne for door and window frames

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Rajesh,

Yes Honne leaves Red stain when it comes in contact with Water, But don't use Polish for the Honne Frames/Doors.
Always go with Paint so that stains won't see easily.

Don't know what price you are paying for Honne (It should be around 1800 - 2000), Instead go with Ghana Teak which costs around Rs 2400- 2500/- which will be little additional costs. You will get good material and finish.

Other Option would be Using White Sal (Light in weight and Finish is very good), but wood is not so Hard compared to other woods.

rgds
Swamy
rajeshrao

Post by rajeshrao »

Hi Swamy,

Thanks for the response.

i thought of go with paint for honne frames no polish. even we put primer and paint still there is any chance of staining ?

For Australian honne , quotation is from 1850 - 1950/cft from many vendors

for Ghana teak quotation is from 2500 - 3500, but they are white in color and too many visible knots.

So still i am trying to finalize on this
kumarraja

Post by kumarraja »

Hi,

You can try Redsol , these days people are going for non_ wood frames / doors using upvc , frp , pvc etc.

Regards
Kumarraja
sujiths

Post by sujiths »

kumarraja wrote:Hi,

You can try Redsol
Could you please provide more information about this (I tried google, but nothing relevant came up).
Is Redsol the name of a company or a product ? Also please share contact information of dealers, if available.
amrutg

Post by amrutg »

Whats the member experience been with UPVC Windows/doors, i see they do come in wood finish colors nowadays.

Regards
Amrut
kumarraja

Post by kumarraja »

It is a tree from which you get wood.
sujiths wrote:
kumarraja wrote:Hi,

You can try Redsol
Could you please provide more information about this (I tried google, but nothing relevant came up).
Is Redsol the name of a company or a product ? Also please share contact information of dealers, if available.
kumarraja

Post by kumarraja »

Most construction projects are minimising wood usage these days, upvc has strength and heat resistance, so people using this mainly for windows and sliding doors.
amrutg wrote:Whats the member experience been with UPVC Windows/doors, i see they do come in wood finish colors nowadays.

Regards
Amrut

Return to “Civil Construction”