Door height

umeshguru

Door height

Post by umeshguru »

Hello friends

I would like to raise the doors to 8 feet instead of normal 7feet. I saw 8feet doors in some of Vila's it looks very nice. But my contractor was saying. For vasthu it is not right, We should not go for 8feet.

Any idea?

Thanks
Umesh
swamy_blr

Re: Door height

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Umesh,

As per Vastu the Doors height should be restricted below 7 Feet (6'11"), Main door height should be always more than any other doors.

If you are looking for bigger Door, then make sure you the Vaskal should be 6'11" and Design the above area of Vaskal 1 feet with small boxes or Half Round which looks nice + bigger

rgds
Swamy
umeshguru

Post by umeshguru »

Thanks Swamy,

If I use your suggestion. 6' 11" plus 1' for box, Can I follow the same for other doors? atleast 6'10" and 1' box for other doors?
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Umesh,

You can follow the same for other doors as well with 6'10" but I don't know your budget - Are you going to use Teak/Honne/Sal.
It looks good only for Main door and for internal doors it might not suit from my personal opinion.

You can do lot in the Main door with Side windows + Top boxes with Arch type. Check out some images in the Internet and choose the good one which will appeal you and your family.

rgds
Swamy
umeshguru

Post by umeshguru »

Thanks Swamy. Let me discuss with Architect.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Guys,
I am not sure where in vastu shastra mentioned about door heights , its pure ergonomics we should be looking at while finalizing the door heights.
1. A 7' ht door is most convenient to operate keeping average height of the human 5' - 5'6" and kids 3'.
2. 8' ht door will look grandeur and heavy too
3. Main door should be biggest door is being derived from "simha dwaram" meaning owner/ king entry door and should be welcoming in look.
4. In terms of wood cost factor any thing bigger than 7' ht has a premium price tag since the entire market maintains 7' wood cut sizes ready in which they make sure the wastage is lesser.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
facebook.com/ardes.architects
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Hi All ,

I am looking to finalize the Main door Height i think i will go with Praveen Advise ,.... planning to have 8'ft height and also one blower type arrangements with two Sides of door 2*5 ft windows

Swamy ,

I don't any reference for 8ft door not good , may i know the source for this information .

Regards
Kumar

Return to “Civil Construction”