SANITARY CLOSET WHERE TO BE PURCHASED IN BANGLORE

navhe

Re: SANITARY CLOSET WHERE TO BE PURCHASED IN BANGLORE

Post by navhe »

Hi Keerti,
It is really hard for me to provide the details you are asking as they mainly depend on personal preferences and also there are too many options.
I would suggest you choose it yourself going to some good sanitary shop near by. Few guidelines :
Take a list from the plumber - what all required like taps/mixers/angle cocks/connection pipes/etc.
Plumber will give a list of more than 30 items/accessories
Go to sanitary shop. They will guide you to choose models based on your budget. You may ask plumber also to come with you.
Select the models you like and they will give a quotation. While choosing, just make sure taps/cocks just fit your space - height, water falling point, quarter turn/ stick type or full rotation..
There are too many brands in market. just take quotation from 2-3 reputed shops based on your budget.
Usually there will be 15 - 20% discount on these items. Price hardly differs from shop to shop.
If you buy all at one place it is always better - so that you can return / exchange in case you change your mind.
After buying you can return/exchange these items in case if it does not fit your requirement. Make sure it suits the need before fixing it / or cutting it for any adjustments.
navhe

Post by navhe »

Hi Keerti,
It is really hard for me to provide the details you are asking as they mainly depend on personal preferences and also there are too many options.
I would suggest you choose it yourself going to some good sanitary shop near by. Few guidelines :
Take a list from the plumber - what all required like taps/mixers/angle cocks/connection pipes/etc.
Plumber will give a list of more than 30 items/accessories
Go to sanitary shop. They will guide you to choose models based on your budget. You may ask plumber also to come with you.
Select the models you like and they will give a quotation. While choosing, just make sure taps/cocks just fit your space - height, water falling point, quarter turn/ stick type or full rotation..
There are too many brands in market. just take quotation from 2-3 reputed shops based on your budget.
Usually there will be 15 - 20% discount on these items. Price hardly differs from shop to shop.
If you buy all at one place it is always better - so that you can return / exchange in case you change your mind.
After buying you can return/exchange these items in case if it does not fit your requirement. Make sure it suits the need before fixing it / or cutting it for any adjustments.
keerthi2006

Post by keerthi2006 »

sure navhe.

i got 40 % discount on toto for the below closet products. can anyone tell me which model will be good. I need to take 6 closet for my house.

TOTO Product closet details :

CW580K OR CW580M.
CW822J OR CW822M
CW822NJWS
CW875NJ
CW941K
CW182M
CW272M TORNADO FLUSHINHG.
navhe

Post by navhe »

Hi Keerthi,

just to add few more points from my drawings/experience : (PFA the drawing of bath room floor plan.)
1) While laying bathroom floor tiles, i kept level difference for wet, dry area inside bathroom. Shower / bathing area is down by 10 - 15mm compared to wash basin/WC floor area. I am finding this very useful.
2) OH Shower on side wall - so that water fall at the center / clear standing space. If it is kept above the mixer tap, it is a slightly difficult to take shower if bucket etc kept below the mixer tap.
3) I added skirting tiles (of 3 inch height) inclined to wall tile by >60 degree angle .. so that, water does not flow along the edges but goes clear into trap. Without this, even if grouting is done, later slowly water can get under the floor at the joints of floor & wall tiles.. ideally water should not flow along this edge.
4) Used bottle traps to connect wash basin outlet - looks clean. Some plumbers may directly connect it to drain pipe in old style unless told.
5) Added shelves (2 per bath room) using 1x2 size 12mm thick granites. This is looking nice and useful.
Attachments
Broom-floor-layout.png
Broom-floor-layout.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 11066 times
princeap

Post by princeap »

Thanks Navhe.
Me too planning to go for direct line from water tank to closet, instead of concealed tank.
Main reason was there is lot of cost saving.
But one small concern is one shop person told me direct line will take lot of water per flush.
Later he told there are new models of flush valve where we can control water flow. I need to look those.
But otherwise, cost and maintenance point of view, direct line is better.
navhe

Post by navhe »

Hi Princeap,
The truth is :
1) If u use direct line with flush valve, flow of water is under better control. Depending on how gently u push, anywhere btw 1-6 ltrs of water may go out.
2) ppl in shop are there to sell. So, obviously they have to market the products. Listen to them but you decide based on your research.
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Buy from srinath sanitary wares in rajajinagar
Adityacivil

Post by Adityacivil »

Sir your idea of using direct flush line is superb can you tell me more about that I would like to use it in my home it's under construction right now just the carpentry work has begun so nxt I have to plan for plumbing works
krishna rao

Post by krishna rao »

Hi,
navhe
I agree with your analysis and deep understanding of the subject matter. It is easy to maintain/repair/replace wall mounted flush. I myself repair and fix problems of wall mounted flush tanks in my home without depending on plumbers.

Return to “Civil Construction”