Need advice on choosing brick type.

prasadhb

Need advice on choosing brick type.

Post by prasadhb »

Dear Members,

I am constructing G+4 commercial cum residential building. Its a pillar based construction and I need advice on choosing the right brick type. I don't want to increase the dead weight on the building and at the same time, I want to go with the price competitive brick with good quality. Please advice me the right type of brick. Ex: Clay Brick, Solid Cement Block, Autoclaved Aereated Block, Fly Ash Brick. I don't want to use Terracotta bricks which are too expensive. Please advice.

Thank you.
pri

Re: Need advice on choosing brick type.

Post by pri »

Hello Prasad,
I am constructing a G+4 too. I have decided on AAC Blocks. The steel and cement reduction will pay for the increase cost of the block.
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Go for siporex light weight blocks. 72 rs per block.
prasadhb

Post by prasadhb »

Hi Pri,
Thank you for your response.
Can you say few reasons behind advicing AAC blocks? Just want to know your view point. Also, do you recommend any particular brands? Actually, my construction location is at Hassan, Karnataka.
prasadhb

Post by prasadhb »

Naveenraj123 wrote:Go for siporex light weight blocks. 72 rs per block.
Hi Naveenraj,
Thank you for your response.
Is it AAC block or Fly ash Brick?
Siporex is a brand or Supplier Company Name?
Can you explain bit more?
pri

Post by pri »

I am going with Siporex too. I am getting 6" for 66Rs. Advantages are faster construction( so labour cost goes down), High insulation so keeps the room cooler during summer, other advantages are put up on their web sites.
I cant vouch for any of the advantages as this is my first construction with these bricks. But cost wise it comes comparable to good quality concrete blocks ( 32Rs). Because of the reduction in steel and cement.
pri

Post by pri »

Hi Naveen,
Any idea which is better.
AAC Block fixing mortar or cement and sand mixed at site ?
In terms of price and strength
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Pls go for manual mixing

1 bandli cement (use Birla super for roof concrete )
1.5 bandli sand.
3 bandli jelly
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

Hi Prasad Siporex is a brand of light weight concrete blocks also called aerated autoclaved concrete blocks

Other brands are aerocon etc u can select any 1 of these based on your preference, they are easy to construct and don't add dead weight to your building, easy for core cutting too (electrical & plumbing)

Each block is 2 feet in length so calculate number of blocks required accordingly
gogreen

Post by gogreen »

Dear All,

Kindly note that, if you are using AAC blocks then the procedure for building wall is slightly modified. Since AAC blocks are porous, you have to wet them before you start using them. So before constructing the wall, do pour good amount water and then start using the blocks or else they will take out the water from your jointing mortar and then cracks will arise in near future.

Try using ready mix mortars for these kind of blocks which are best suitable.

Kindly let me know if further questions on this matter.

Best regards,
Raj

Return to “Civil Construction”