Wood treatment and panelling

prasanth

Wood treatment and panelling

Post by prasanth »

Hi ,

I'm planning to cut trees from my farm for the wood work for my house. I could not find any place in Bangalore or in north Kerala, where I can do chemical treatment and dry in kiln. Also, a place where I can make panels for flooring. Please let me know if you come across with any place where I can get these things done.

Regards,
Prasanth
Nivas

Re: Wood treatment and panelling

Post by Nivas »

what is the type of wood and quantity, chemical treatment and drying kiln services are very much available in bangalore.
All timber can be kiln dried , but only specific timber species can be chemically treated and that too if done in scale, if you have smaller quantity ,doubt any one will entertain or cost will be very high.
only certain species can take in the chemicals , and treating others is waste of money. they are resistant to treatment aka permeability reasons.
Vaccum drying is best , provided you have enough quantity.kiln drying process takes from 15 days to a month and upwards of rs 150 per cft depending on the quantity and time
ideally for you, i suggest you can contact KSFIC , New timber yard layout , mysore road and discuss the cost and procedure, also u need to have relevant documentation for tree felling and permits from forest dept.
even private kilns , demand proper documentation , they do not entertain illegally felled timber even for bonafide purposes. Lets say u want only kiln drying and no chemical treatment , contact SLV timbers , mysore road for present costs. they have vaccuum drying facility and other drying kilns as well.

Return to “Civil Construction”