My House Construction

milangadakari

My House Construction

Post by milangadakari »

Hi Guys,

I am planning for a construction on 20*30 site in SMV Layout. Could someone please recommend a reliable builder or contractor in SMV layout. I am planning to construct G+2.
Last edited by milangadakari on November 3rd, 2017, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sudheerkeshav

Re: Reliable Builder/Contractor

Post by sudheerkeshav »

Hi ,
I can recommend Mr Sudhindra of Build High Constructiosn , who built our house. He's very reliable and trustworthy person , and has built 3 houses in our family so far.
Sudhindra - 9980523400

Regards,
Sudheer
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

What do you recommend:

1. Architect for designing and delegating the work
2. Engineer to design and work with mason
3. Direct experienced mason.
duffyhair

Post by duffyhair »

1. Architect for designing and delegating the work

pro
more designs, new material for interior / exterior being offered within budget
theme based homes can be designed and executed
better professional team to deal with

cons
6% increase in cost
dependency on site engineer and structural engineer

2. Engineer to design and work with mason

pro
limited designs, new material for interiors may offered within budget
semi professional team to deal with
can bank on engineer in material selection with assistance of mason

cons
2-4% increase in cost

3. Direct experienced mason.

pro
1-2 designs at max to work with , limited knowledge on new materials in the market
no technical profiency
need detailed knowledge on material selection

cons

1% increase in cost - you might ask why? even masons get a cut when you buy materials. If you try to buy directly, mason only keep complaining about everything. you might not be able to figure which is genuine or not.
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

Thank you for the response.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
I do accept few things from "Duffyhair" post. Thought i should give more clarity about architects design and construction approach.

1. Its always good to start your planning with open minded to satisfy all your requirements and then re work to fit all of them to your budget. This way you don't miss on the important things while planning.
2. None of the architect will save on your budget but they plan your budget with out wasting money on unwanted stuff and planning will make substantial savings. Most of the owners fall in the misconception that saving money is only by negotiating with material vendors and labor. That will only make savings of max 2-3 % because no material in the market can be negotiated more than 5% of the sale price. Never compare the price of inferior material to better material in the name of savings.
3. Architect will help you to choose the best options available, it will be your final call to buy it.
4. Going by architects reference for any material purchase will not guarantee you the savings but guarantee you the best quality.
5. Architect designs are always progressive, with there expertise and total understanding about materials they work around with interesting options.
6. Every architect will have his own style of design influences and functional understanding. It will be owners choice to decide on it.

I am not commenting on civil engineers because as an architect i should be respecting there expertise in structural design ( footings, columns, slabs, steel details ) . They are professionally qualified and trained for the same.

Masons, electricians, plumbers, painters, steel fabricators, carpenters, tile layers, bar benders, Shuttering are the ground level heroes . They are good at there individual fields but expecting them to coordinate between them by themselves is not correct. Most of the times labor contract fails not because of individuals but failure at coordination levels.
Mason will never coordinate with all the teams since he is not paid for it and he is not well versed in it.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes architects and Interior Designers
www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

What do you recommend me? Should I get the drawing done from architect and give the labor contract to mason?
ardesarchitects wrote:Hi,
I do accept few things from "Duffyhair" post. Thought i should give more clarity about architects design and construction approach.

1. Its always good to start your planning with open minded to satisfy all your requirements and then re work to fit all of them to your budget. This way you don't miss on the important things while planning.
2. None of the architect will save on your budget but they plan your budget with out wasting money on unwanted stuff and planning will make substantial savings. Most of the owners fall in the misconception that saving money is only by negotiating with material vendors and labor. That will only make savings of max 2-3 % because no material in the market can be negotiated more than 5% of the sale price. Never compare the price of inferior material to better material in the name of savings.
3. Architect will help you to choose the best options available, it will be your final call to buy it.
4. Going by architects reference for any material purchase will not guarantee you the savings but guarantee you the best quality.
5. Architect designs are always progressive, with there expertise and total understanding about materials they work around with interesting options.
6. Every architect will have his own style of design influences and functional understanding. It will be owners choice to decide on it.

I am not commenting on civil engineers because as an architect i should be respecting there expertise in structural design ( footings, columns, slabs, steel details ) . They are professionally qualified and trained for the same.

Masons, electricians, plumbers, painters, steel fabricators, carpenters, tile layers, bar benders, Shuttering are the ground level heroes . They are good at there individual fields but expecting them to coordinate between them by themselves is not correct. Most of the times labor contract fails not because of individuals but failure at coordination levels.
Mason will never coordinate with all the teams since he is not paid for it and he is not well versed in it.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes architects and Interior Designers
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
milangadakari

Re: My House Construction

Post by milangadakari »

Current Status:

Met a material contract who gave me floor plans. The estimated cost of construction is around 29 Lakh for G+2 . The price quoted is 1650 per sqft.

Meeting few architects too.
milangadakari

Post by milangadakari »

Can somebody please confirm how much parking space would be required to park one hatchback Like Swift/Figo/i20 ? Parking space of 10*12 is this sufficient ?
Purusoth Ariputhiri

Post by Purusoth Ariputhiri »

Hi,

the challenge comes when you start planning your house construction in 20x30 without compromising space, vastu & ventilation, etc., We specialize in design & implementation of small spaces, I had attached some floor plan for you to get some idea if you require any help, plz do share your doubts in the forum.

Return to “Civil Construction”