Need suggestions on freezing the house construction plan

snelgi

Need suggestions on freezing the house construction plan

Post by snelgi »

Hi,

I'm planning to construct a house in 30X50 site, my architect prepared some of the following plans ( O ) based on my inputs

Option1. Ground independent 2bhk with parking, first and 2nd duplex
Option2. Ground independent 2bhk with parking, 2/3 bhk houses each on 2nd and 3rd floor
Option3. Ground/Stilt parking with the scope in future to accomodate 1/2 bhk house + spacious 2 BHK houses one each on 1st and 2nd floor

I dropped duplex plan (Option1) with couple of things in mind ; small family (husband, wife + 1 boy aged below 9 yrs + 1 girl 7month old), hassle of climbing up and down, too much freedom to the kids etc..

Site is located in Akshaynagar near DLF newtown near Bannerghatta/Begur road, with ample of options for rental accommodation my plan of having rental unit on 2nd floor doesn't seem to be worth the investment, would appreciate your inputs/suggestions on this..

Thanks,
Santosh
tvsh

Re: Need suggestions on freezing the house construction plan

Post by tvsh »

If rental income is not a must, then, I would go with option 1 as the kids grow very fast and you cannot re-configure the house to suit your needs. You would need a room for each of your kids when they grow up and you need one for yourself(husband and wife). You can shift to the 2BHK in your oldage and rent the larger house.
snelgi

Post by snelgi »

Thanks for your inputs..
girishshk

Post by girishshk »

Seen many duplex houses broken down for alterations as aged people struggle to climb the 1st floor.
Please plan accordingly and keep an option - at least 1 BHK attached Bath in GF for future use.
Duplex are Luxury and maintenance prone which are not practical for small family of 3-4 (personal view)
Soon after 4-5 years of use you can feel this pain very often while climbing (if you are the Owner).
Plan properly in this stage only according to your requirement considering all the aspects of the life.

My Personal Suggestion:
GF = 1BHK +CAR PARKING
FF = 3BHK
SF=2 x1 BHK For RENT (1BHK has high demand than 2BHK)

Return to “Civil Construction”