30X50 East Facing House Plan for Review

tvsh

Re: 30X50 East Facing House Plan for Review

Post by tvsh »

By Saying NW is the accepted position for kitchen ( implying that irrespective of the facing of the site), you are making the same mistake die hard Vaastu experts do. I do not care much for vastu, put kitchen where it makes sense (one corner facing road, corner- so there is ample lighting and ventilation for exhaust and facing road, so one is aware of any visitor entering the premises, vegetable vendors, etc.
snelgi

Post by snelgi »

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.
ajayacharya

Post by ajayacharya »

I think SW projection is not good as per Vaastu. You can keep the wall straight over there.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I think if you go for open kitchen you will have more open and visually larger dining area. Knock off wall between Kitchen and dining area or reduce it to just 36 inch to give you a corner for placing hob and chimney.

In the stairs I am seeing quarter turns which are not easy
if two people have to carry large heavy stuff upstairs. Try to make that area as plain slab, probably you can have two steps and 90 deg turn at start of stairs or towards top if space is constraint.

Also in stairs make sure that ratio of rise and run is proper. Keep step rise ideally at 6 - 6.5 inch and run ( breadth of stair ) not less then 11 inch.
ideal size should be such that

r + R ~ 18
2r + R ~ 24 / 25

total odd number of stairs are good as person ends up at the same foot first from wehich he starts. It is easier for old people.

If you can keep plain slab at U turn of stair flight it will be good. You can place large window below the slab and keep floating stairs for good lighting.

Return to “Civil Construction”