Malaysian Sand Info/Feedback

sunvamp_naik

Malaysian Sand Info/Feedback

Post by sunvamp_naik »

Hi,
I read the news about MSIL selling Malaysian Sand(Directly imported from Malaysia) and was thinking of getting it for our Sump plastering.
Any one has any info on this as this is new in the market? Any dealers you know off who I can get in touch with?
Thanks in advance
Arun
msn1270

Re: Malaysian Sand Info/Feedback

Post by msn1270 »

There is no franchisee or private dealer for selling this malaysian Imported sand as of now. You need to contact 2 locations mentioned by MSIL for purchasing the Malaysian Sand packed in 50 Kgs Bag (Rs. 190) similar to Cements. They say, You can place order online also. Shipment charges will be separate.

But currently this imported sand costs Rs. 4,000/Ton excluding he shipment/handling charges, while the M-Sand is available between Rs. 600- 1000/-. Also there are allegations that, price is highly inflated to mobilize the election fund by the Karnataka Govt as the same imported sand in Tamil Nadu is selling @ Rs. 950/ton, while Karnataka is selling at Rs. 4,000.

So I'm not sure, how much it is going to be success in the market. Still its better to go for M-Sand.
Last edited by msn1270 on January 29th, 2018, 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ragalax

Post by ragalax »

A month back we have purchased good quality river sand 2800 per ton, which has only 4-5% silt in it ( i have cross checked it) .
but they will take orders only if the the quantity is above 35 tons!
if you want the number of the supplier send me a PM.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
I don't see any necessity to use river sand only, give that you get M sand in various grades ( fine/ course / single wash / double wash ) . The M sand is costing less than 1/4th of the river sand price. Only thing to keep in mind is the mixing of the cement should be strictly in ratio than visual ( most masons mix cement in river sand by color intensity ) .
While working with M sand the water content should be constantly checked as it has tendency to dry faster.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen .N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
deepyes

Post by deepyes »

Hi !!
Anyone started using MSIL sand here ??

Return to “Civil Construction”