Info on Labour cost.

Prashanth_BS

Info on Labour cost.

Post by Prashanth_BS »

Hi All,
is the labour cost for one chadra is for wall to wall or Roof to Roof ?
pri

Re: Info on Labour cost.

Post by pri »

My understanding is Roof to Roof
Prashanth_BS

Post by Prashanth_BS »

Thanks pri, is it includes parking area & balcony.
snelgi

Post by snelgi »

What's the price your mason is quoting per chadra?

Normally it's calculated roof to roof but always there some ambiguity about inclusion/exclusion about compound, sump and few other cement works that you need to clarify with your mason, better you ask for the quote that includes all cement work and one more important thing some masons would consider full area for the parking space as it falls under roof to roof but you can always negotiate it for 50 to 60%.

Thanks,
Santosh
Prashanth_BS

Post by Prashanth_BS »

Thanks Santosh, My mason is charging 30K per chadra for Brick work masonry. Which excludes the followings
1. Retaining wall SUMP
2. Parapet Wall
3. Compound Wall
We have 25 * 43 site East facing. In which 1' 6" space is left open in North & West direction. And a 3 ft is left open in south direction, It serves as utility for kitchen & Balcony for bedroom. our Mason is including this under calculation (As he is telling, "it comes under roof - roof). Similarly he accounts for parking area too.
rrdsony

Post by rrdsony »

Dear Members,

I am constructing home in RR nagar with Labour contract and the cost of construction per chadra is quoted in 29K (Roof to Roof) and includes compound, sump and overhead tank.
I am looking for labour contract agreement which has different clauses , as this is my first home and some details i.e who will pay for what are not clear and by this forum i have collected details and i am pretty much understood. If any one has gone through labour contract and have done an agreement, Please do share the same with me (PM).

Thanks,
RR Prasad
snelgi

Post by snelgi »

Prashanth_BS wrote:Thanks Santosh, My mason is charging 30K per chadra for Brick work masonry. Which excludes the followings
1. Retaining wall SUMP
2. Parapet Wall
3. Compound Wall
We have 25 * 43 site East facing. In which 1' 6" space is left open in North & West direction. And a 3 ft is left open in south direction, It serves as utility for kitchen & Balcony for bedroom. our Mason is including this under calculation (As he is telling, "it comes under roof - roof). Similarly he accounts for parking area too.

Looks to be an expensive deal, 28 to 28.6k should be the reasonable deal, my mason has quoted 28.5k all inclusive.
ragalax

Post by ragalax »

snelgi,
actually it depends on work, if the construction area is more (say more than10,000 sft) then people can do it in 250 to 260/- but i feel for a duplex in 25x43 290 to 300/- psft is not that expensive.
Prashanth_BS

Post by Prashanth_BS »

Hi snelgi, Thanks for the input. we are constructing G+1 individual houses. Approximately 25 squares.(2500 sqft ).
Sathyan9

Post by Sathyan9 »

rrdsony wrote:Dear Members,

I am constructing home in RR nagar with Labour contract and the cost of construction per chadra is quoted in 29K (Roof to Roof) and includes compound, sump and overhead tank.
I am looking for labour contract agreement which has different clauses , as this is my first home and some details i.e who will pay for what are not clear and by this forum i have collected details and i am pretty much understood. If any one has gone through labour contract and have done an agreement, Please do share the same with me (PM).

Thanks,
RR Prasad
Please share the agreement format to sathyan_narayan@hotmail.com

Return to “Civil Construction”