Recommendation for builder in HSR layout

rnm

Recommendation for builder in HSR layout

Post by rnm »

I am planning to build a duplex on 40x60 South facing site in HSR layout. Are there any good construction companies around HSR(who does arch and construction) and whats the rate? Looking to build a 2BHK + 2 parallel car park on gnd floor and 3 BHK on first floor.
I have spoken to few folks and they are quoting 1800/sqft for std construction and 2000/sqft for premium. This is w/o interiors. Includes sump, compound wall and building.
Any help or pointers is appreciated..

I am a new member of this site. Reading up on earlier posts.. very useful and informative.. Thanks all!!
Armchair_general

Re: Recommendation for builder in HSR layout

Post by Armchair_general »

Hi,

Based on my experience. You need to have a questionnaire and freeze your requirements.

First do the soil analysis, your budget will get impacted if the cost for foundation goes up.

Second, choose an architect who can visualize your final product. We have given our requirements to architect. They provided us with the elevation, and are now in the middle of providing us with an interior walkthrough. This has helped us in making so many improvements and changes before even starting with the slab work.

There are many things which affect cost, quality and ageing such as steel, cement, sand and curing time.

Go by a bill of quantity which is more accurate than the sq ft cost quoted. The budget also needs around 10 % extra buffer for re-work, cost escalation etc.

Also cost approvals by BBMP should be outside the budget of the construction.
jayesh_r

Re: Recommendation for builder in HSR layout

Post by jayesh_r »

Hi,
I think you may get this done between 1700 Rs/sqft - 1900 Rs/sqft. Though need to check the specifications
I am not sure how many contractors you talked with. I feel you should talk to at least 3 contractor and provide them your exact specifications. Lets say Italian Marble (xyz rs/sqft), Sanitary and fittings from Toto. Wires from finolex, Concrete grade, Cement company, TMT Rods company and types etc.
Similarly give your B specification e.g. Jaquar fittings, indian marble (abc rs/sqft) / Kajaria vitrified tiles etc.

Compare quotations from all three contractors for A specification and also compare quotations for B specifications. You can also ask them itemwise/workwise cost breakup. Also make sure that specifications are complete, covers everything and no grey areas left.
By this you will be comparing apples with apples. Then you can bargain better with contractors on specific work or item and get the best rates.
Also make sure that you have right clauses for penalising contractor for any delay. Also check whether there is a clause that talks about increase in construction cost with increase in pricing of materials post construction get started. If that clause is there, check what base material rates the contractor put in the contract.

We have tried to make construction transparent and trustful at xxxxxxxxx (https://www.xxxxxxxx.com). Please see our sections - Project Tracking (https://www.xxxxxxx.com/information/tra ... ur-project) and Guarantee (https://www.xxxxxxxx.com/information/xxxxxxxx-guarantee)
You can even get your project on-boarded on our platform.

Return to “Civil Construction”