Does Solar water heater require cleaning ?

jackalbda

Does Solar water heater require cleaning ?

Post by jackalbda »

Hello ,

I started getting calls from guys who do clean Solar water heater ( they claim that they are from Solariser, which is my brand of water heater ) that it has been 6 years since I installed the heater and it requires cleaning. There are two types of cleaning , one basic and other with some chemicals. When inquired more about its necessity , he was claiming that otherwise corrosion can happen to the tubes inside.

Anybody knows if its really required ? Also any first hand experience of this getting done ?

Again related to this, one of my colleagues told that most of the solar water heater can heat up the water with electricity too. Generally the electricians do not connect these wires to power input but just cut that part of the wire off. In fact, when I checked, I see 3 wires ( or atleast it looked like one ) cut hanging outside the tank. Anybody has connected them to power source and used it during rainy days ? Does it consume lot of power ?
sniper

Re: Does Solar water heater require cleaning ?

Post by sniper »

Hi Jackalbda,

This depends on what kind of water is availalbe in your area. If you have hard water the chances of deposits inside the tube is higher. If you are using cauvery water there is very less accumulation over time. I have tubular solar for over 6 years now and the heating is same as it was in the beginning. I dont see any significant reduction in heating.

coming to your second question if there is provision for heating you can go ahead and connect it to power source and test it out. As for the electricity consumption is would say will be high as the coil inside will have to heat large amount of water. heating can be faster provided there is suppport from the sun else your ecity bills are gonna skyrocket.

Cheers,
Naveen
jackalbda

Post by jackalbda »

Thanks Naveen.
Vijay Vaikundam

Post by Vijay Vaikundam »

Hi Naveen, how many Lit solar heater and which company do u use? Any good recommended brand ? Each flat how many do we need?

Sincerely,

Vijay
sniper

Post by sniper »

Hi Vijay,

We are a family of 5 and i'm using Racold Tubular solar with 200 L tank which is more than sufficient for my family.

Regards,
Naveen

Return to “Civil Construction”