Borewell or not

navhe

Re: Borewell or not

Post by navhe »

kiran4924 wrote:
navhe wrote:Hi Kiran,
Me too resident of Gubbalala area. I agree with others recommendation that - *NOT* to go for borewell.
Corporation water will come in a year or two. You can easily manage with Tankers during construction.
If you are not concerned with money but want to have own source of water (give it a try kind of) - then i would suggest 'dig for max 600ft'.
I have the experience of drilling bore-well and my gut feeling is - usually u get water by 600ft deapth which should be sufficient for personal use.
Beyond that point, chances of great water source is a myth and it is only gain for borewell company. Also, pump, electricity cum running cost doubles.
HI Naveen,

Thanks for your inputs. I have got feedback from few residents in my patch that the depth is anywhere around 800-900ft and water quality is pretty bad. Few ppl have constructed houses without borewells. Cost definitely becomes a factor if it goes upto or beyond 3L, but my concern is the returns. If the point doesn't have consistent yield over the years then it would be a wrong decision.
Yes. For 600ft, budget would be approx. 1.6L (including pump). and based on my observation around the area, you have 70% chance of getting water this year as Bangalore is getting good rain over last 2 years. Remember, even for getting Kaveri water connection, you have to pay one time fees of approx. 50k. Also, Kaveri connection may not be provided during connection.. which will require approx. 50k worth of water (from tankers).
You may decide keeping these numbers in mind.
MRBHARATH

Borewell or not

Post by MRBHARATH »

Go for bore well or not
I am planning put borewell in my house so I contacted geologist, person came with an instrument looking like merinos ‘campus and used this devise to locate water sources and to cross verify the point, he also used chain and swing this chain in pendulum fashion. Located some 2 point as per vastu for south facing. I asked him whether water source 100% present. He replayed there is chance of getting it but I can’t guarantee. I am also planning show to traditional method of fining water sources.
My biggest worry is whether I will get water or not, some people tells it is pure luck. Around my site (RK township phase 2 bommasandra) most of the bore wells are running dry now. Can anyone please suggest is it only pure luck of getting water?

Return to “Civil Construction”