Fosroc brushbond need info

Visualizer

Fosroc brushbond need info

Post by Visualizer »

Hi,
Can someone please provide following information
1. Coverage area per liter of Fosroc brushbond rfx and approximate costs.

2. Is it suitable below the soil ?

3. Should we paint block wall with fosroc brushbond first
And then apply plaster or it has to be applied after plaster ?

For basement wall what is better Fosroc brushbond cementuous epoxy or
MrFixit PU coating ?

I have a partial basement 3 feet below Ground level and 6 feet above. One side retaining wall is M25 RCC where more soil backfill will come up to +3 level.
Other sides its RCC plinth beam ( 1 feet thick at -3.6feet) and above plinth concrete blocks 2.5 feet of which will be under soil.

For RCC retaining wall ROFF liquid waterproof was mixed in M25. In block areas also waterproof agent will be mixed in plaster but to be extra safe against moisture I want to apply a waterproof coat.
ganeshncm

Re: Fosroc brushbond need info

Post by ganeshncm »

There are many products , don't know the exact names, but here is the guidance, be it fosroc or Dr fixit..

There is integral waterproofing..that is mixed along with concrete, please use that, called as LW+ by Dr fixit , it fixes pores in concrete

Then there is water proofing base coat, like brushbond or pidicrete urp.. mix it with cement (1:5) .. and apply before plastering..this forms a strong base coat that waterproofs as well as holds plaster firmly..need to plaster within 1 hour of this activity

Post plaster, if you prefer, you can use bathroom grade water proofing, such as pidifin 2k mix and plaster a protective layer again
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

You can contact http://www.protectgroup.in/index.html.

They provide customized solution for all kinds of water Proofing and Heat reduction methods.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Thanks guys , This was an old unanswered Q I used the following solutions for my subsoil waterproofing needs

As I wrote in other threads I used BASF Masterseal 551 on basement walls.
One side of basement has RCC retaining wall so just 2 coats on outer surface
on the sides with block wall 2 coats outside then plaster and then 2 coat again.

Fosroc Brushbond RFX was used for RCC Sump tank leak fixing and ROFF as waterproof admixture in slab.

Also created French drain around the perimeter of basement wall using a 4 inch PVC pipe with holes drilled in and wrapped in 20mm jelly stone and 100 GSM Geotextile at the footing of the basement walls.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
One of the perfect ways you did in water proofing. Most think of water proofing to be done from inside the basement wall which has no use at all but wasting money in a wrong place.
Any kind of water proofing for basement walls first need to be done from out side as first level defence. Sub soil drain is the best way to divert water to proper place . Water proofing has always a limit beyond which it cannot stop water . Sub soil drain system is one best way to divert heavy seeping water in to your storage tank or recharge pit.
For Rcc walls
1. Bursh bond coats if casting is all in good shape
2. Forced micro concrete is one way to cover any honey combs in RCC walls
3. Crystaline pressure grout to be used in case of seepage is more from RCC retaining walls because of micro gaps inside the wall.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com

Visualizer wrote:Thanks guys , This was an old unanswered Q I used the following solutions for my subsoil waterproofing needs

As I wrote in other threads I used BASF Masterseal 551 on basement walls.
One side of basement has RCC retaining wall so just 2 coats on outer surface
on the sides with block wall 2 coats outside then plaster and then 2 coat again.

Fosroc Brushbond RFX was used for RCC Sump tank leak fixing and ROFF as waterproof admixture in slab.

Also created French drain around the perimeter of basement wall using a 4 inch PVC pipe with holes drilled in and wrapped in 20mm jelly stone and 100 GSM Geotextile at the footing of the basement walls.

Return to “Civil Construction”