WATER SOFTNER+CARBON FILTER+SAND FILTER

sandeuz

WATER SOFTNER+CARBON FILTER+SAND FILTER

Post by sandeuz »

Dear Friends,

I am planning to install "WATER SOFTNER+CARBON FILTER+SAND FILTER" at my house .

Is it really worth installing the units , i mean will it remove the hardness , sand , smell etc out of the water .

Also any recommendations as to which BRAND to go for ?

Thanks in advance
Visualizer

Re: WATER SOFTNER+CARBON FILTER+SAND FILTER

Post by Visualizer »

Waiting for answers here. In case you get recommendations elsewhere please update. This forum is almost dead.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Softners works very well as long as you maintain them. Maintainance is tedious work that needs to open the cylinder and change the salts @ 3-6months once depending up on your water hardness .
Few things you need to keep in mind
1.If you dont have seperate WC flush line you will be wasting your softner 1/2 capacity for flusing softened water
2.Softner can never be connected direct to borewell motor , it will pump in all the soil particles in to the softner there by killing the carbon filters and soil getting in to the salts chamber
3.Softner should never be connected after pressure pump

You get automatic and semi automatic version in which you physically changing of salts will be postponed but not completely avoidable .

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr
sandeuz

Post by sandeuz »

@Praveen - Thanks very much for your information .

Also I came across this information which talks about different Types of Water Softeners (I am copying the source link below )

source link : https://aquaconditioners.com/how-it-works/comparison/

In the above source link , it states Catalytic Conditioning Water Softeners is better when compared to other Water Softeners.

Frankly i do not have any idea about the water softeners & totally confused.

Request you to advise me as to which type of softener works best for residential purpose in addition to different Brands .

Thanks in advance
Armchair_general

Post by Armchair_general »

I have a traditional water softener as my water source is tanker.

The package includes a filter cartridge, large tube holding the salts.

Capacity is 20,000 liters requires salt refill. I need 10 kg rock salts and have given a maintenance contract to the guy who installed to refill the salt.

Water is soft, all my bathroom accessories shine, clothes are well washed and soft. The dishes when washed in dishwasher have a superb shine and sparkle. There is no scale buildup. The soap lathers too much when taking a bath.

Water softener cost me 20K. Salt refill costs me 300.
sandeuz

Post by sandeuz »

Armchair_general wrote:I have a traditional water softener as my water source is tanker.

The package includes a filter cartridge, large tube holding the salts.

Capacity is 20,000 liters requires salt refill. I need 10 kg rock salts and have given a maintenance contract to the guy who installed to refill the salt.

Water is soft, all my bathroom accessories shine, clothes are well washed and soft. The dishes when washed in dishwasher have a superb shine and sparkle. There is no scale buildup. The soap lathers too much when taking a bath.

Water softener cost me 20K. Salt refill costs me 300.
@Armchair_general :

My primary concern here is since the water softeners requires "SALT" for the purification process , the water that comes out filtered may/will have sodium content which will have impact on the health (my assumption) , can you please clarify on this ?
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

No offence but https://aquaconditioners.com/how-it-works/comparison/ looks like typical snake oil solution too good to be true.

On the website they say
"Aqua Conditioner alloy alters the crystal structure of calcium and magnesium carbonate increasing their solubility in water "
Ca and Mg carbonate are already dissolved in water and are present in ionic form , Since the saturation of these salts is high they form
crystals on the surface.
They are not in crystalline form in hard water anyway so any claim to change the crystal structure seems far fetched.

Now we all know the hardness of water is because of Ca and Mg Carbonate and when it comes in contact with detergent Ca and Mg being heavy form salts of fatty acids which cling.

I saw the following on website which reminded me of simlar claims of venturi effect elsewhere.

https://aquaconditioners.com/how-it-works/salt-free-water-softener-technology/

"Using a unique combination of metals within the alloy core, plus the principle of turbulence (the Venturi effect), the water flow is forced through the Aqua Conditioner unit, where an electrochemical catalytic reaction occurs. "

That reminds me of those add on fuel saving devices which claim to alter the petrol flow by venturi effect and thus save you 10% more mileage.

Return to “Civil Construction”