Window tints

milangadakari

Window tints

Post by milangadakari »

Guys I have fully transparent upvc window panes at home. I would like to make it tinted or less see through or one side visibility. Is there anyway to do it without changing the window panes?

Are there any films or tints For residential use?
Visualizer

Re: Window tints

Post by Visualizer »

3M , Vkool and Garware are brands.
Garware is Indian and going by rates for Car front windshield film (transparent heat blocking) Garware costs quite less then 3M and Vkool.

Check with car window tint guys on mission road.After SC ban on tints in cars, residential use is only legitimate use.

My father got Garware film installed in a 12x8 french window in 1989 or 90 in my home town as it was only brand available at that time. Still going fine just little change in colour and few cracks after 30 years.

This is in super hot and dry climate of north India and was done by a car deco shop with same film as used in Car.

Also you can check Vkool at lower agaram road ( Near ASC centre on road from residency road to Koramangala ). Vkool is imported.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
Any brand film makes no difference interms of appearence but the performance will change .
1. Tinted films are meant to cut down the light and temperature at the same time,. Local brands will just cut down the light but not the heat.
2. Tinted films will fade faster if you dont choose outdoor grade as most of them use indoor grade film for out door to cut the cost.
3. Frosted film will not cut the light but diffuse the light making it softer on eyes at the same time it gives privacy both day and night
4. Tinted film adds no privacy in the night time when lights are on insdie the home and out side is dark .
5. Texture film on window panes is not recommended as they catch lots of dust and making film shabby very soon.
Suggested brands 3M, Garware, llumar, vkool

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Thanks for Info Ar. Praveen I also have lot of glass in plan so will use this info at some point.

Heat cutting films are really expensive as they have metal oxides. Normal tint cuts IR so heat is also cut perceptibly.

As per my Car heat protection film exp (for front windshield). First I got 3M (96% viability heat protection) it was 8K rs (just front WS) after 4 years it developed micro cracks and night driving was difficult. So went for a change got Garware same spec because 3M was above 12K. Garware was under 3K and heat cutting performance is same and no impact on visibility.

So Garware is VFM Indian brand I suspect Garwaee price should be under 2K however car installers make lot of money.

Return to “Civil Construction”