My experience with Interlocking Bricks (Mud Blocks)

kraghum

My experience with Interlocking Bricks (Mud Blocks)

Post by kraghum »

My first tryst with this bricks came when i saw a ad in facebook [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuSn974LKuo], Please refer to that video for most of your questionsc

so wehn time came up to construct a small farmhouse near nelamangala thought to experiment with this, our own house in Bengaluru-Hebbal is constructed with mud blocks so i called up my engineer (who did my house) for suggestion, luckily he had the machine to make these bricks either in mud/concrete.

tHERE ARE FEW who manufacture these in Bangalore and avg price of bricks cost ~30 , like this one
Sri Banashankaramma interlocking blocks
Address: 15/7, Mallasandra, Holiday village road, Kanakapura main road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062

Finally decided to make these onsite using the machine, labor cost with machine is 11rs/Brick,

Here are Some initial Pics, will add more, House is almost near completion

Challenges
1. Used local laborer and mason, Training them and making their mindset to look at other stuff apart from hollow blocks and plastering
2. Time consuming, these not just order and use, since i was making onsite on farm, there were power cuts, labors worked in night
3. Had to take my City house mason a couple of times to show them how to work with interlock bricks

could't add more than three images, will add more to show how it all went
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.23.48 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.23.48 PM (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.23.48 PM (4).jpeg
kraghum

Re: My experience with Interlocking Bricks (Mud Blocks)

Post by kraghum »

Continued
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.23.48 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.23.48 PM (1).jpeg
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Foundation and you can see few course of bricks, only critical is
1. first course of bricks need to be perfect
2. for corner you need to cut the protrusion portion of bricks, this where it needed a training and i bought my old mason for few hours to train the local guys
3. how to place bricks so that they are interlocked and not stacked..
Attachments
foundation and some course of bricks
foundation and some course of bricks
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.33.11 PM (1).jpeg
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

almost completed

1. Pointing is done, the local guys spoiled the bricks while building parapet (they laid 2inch of concrete on parapet and left for home, it rained immediately and all cement dripped on brick wall and spoiling whole wall with cement stains)

so pointing is basically you close the small gaps and also mask any stained by cleaning the bricks and applying a mixture of mud n cement (we used 5 portion of sieved mud+1 portion of cement)

we used Onduline sheets fro front instead of mangalore tiles
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.40.54 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.40.55 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-02 at 8.40.55 PM (2).jpeg
ashok0072008

Post by ashok0072008 »

sir may i know u the contact detiails of yours i m looking for interlocking brick to cast at site
or please sms in my no 7892120922
Chid

Post by Chid »

Hi Sir,
Can you please share the contact details of the engineer who had interlock brick making machine at site?
Raowords

Post by Raowords »

kraghum wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 8:31 pm
My first tryst with this bricks came when i saw a ad in facebook [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuSn974LKuo], Please refer to that video for most of your questionsc

so wehn time came up to construct a small farmhouse near nelamangala thought to experiment with this, our own house in Bengaluru-Hebbal is constructed with mud blocks so i called up my engineer (who did my house) for suggestion, luckily he had the machine to make these bricks either in mud/concrete.

tHERE ARE FEW who manufacture these in Bangalore and avg price of bricks cost ~30 , like this one
Sri Banashankaramma interlocking blocks
Address: 15/7, Mallasandra, Holiday village road, Kanakapura main road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062

Finally decided to make these onsite using the machine, labor cost with machine is 11rs/Brick,

Here are Some initial Pics, will add more, House is almost near completion

Challenges
1. Used local laborer and mason, Training them and making their mindset to look at other stuff apart from hollow blocks and plastering
2. Time consuming, these not just order and use, since i was making onsite on farm, there were power cuts, labors worked in night
3. Had to take my City house mason a couple of times to show them how to work with interlock bricks

could't add more than three images, will add more to show how it all went
Hi Raghu,

Please share the contact details of your engineer, I am planning to construct my house at Madanayakanahalli and would like to explore this option.

Return to “Civil Construction”