Maintain Empty Site (weeds , grass etc)

rreddy18

Maintain Empty Site (weeds , grass etc)

Post by rreddy18 »

Hello All ,

I have an empty site 30x40 and it surrounded all constructed houses on all sides, back etc. There is a constant complain by the neighbors that lot of weeds are coming in the site and they are demanding for me to clean every 3 months and dispose of all the weeds and grass etc in a tractor. I stay from this place and they are calling me frequently putting all kind of pressure, like mosquitos, malaria, dengue, asthma and all sort of problems they are facing.

I have no plans to construct a house for the next 5 to 6 years for sure, what can be done to prevent weeds to grow.

Can I put some tarpaulin sheets or some other material/cuddapa stones or some other cheap stones on top so that weeds do not grow? What is a cost-effective solution for me?

Please suggest?
chandraklc

Re: Maintain Empty Site (weeds , grass etc)

Post by chandraklc »

hi,

i heard there is some chemical which can be used to stop the gross grow, check on tht.

thanks
chandra
avipnv

Post by avipnv »

Hi rreddy,

What i can suggest, clear the grass and weeds first, you can use local labor in that area to get this done, Go to any hardware store and ask for termite/ant/weed kill treatment chemical. Mix in parts of water and spread it in your site. This will help to certain extent.
But note, if it rains, the strength of the chemical can wither and problem can come back, also as goodwill you can allow your neighbors to park their vehicles, movement of vehicles frequently can stop this problem. But make sure they don't dump Garbage. Thanks Avinash.
ganeshncm

Post by ganeshncm »

You can try two techniques, that works somewhat effectively:

a. Use saturated salt water - dissolve lots of salt in water and pour over the site, site remains safe from pests till the next rain. Risks, when you want to make it a garden back again, you might have issues

b. Use mulching - Cover the entire site with a thick layer of dried leaves, or even a plastic carpet. This prevents new germination. Wind might move around the leaves, but a plastic carpet might help

Return to “Civil Construction”