Fly Ash Blocks Review

rajesha07

Fly Ash Blocks Review

Post by rajesha07 »

Hi all, Please give the review for fly ash blocks. We have already constructed G+1 building. Now i want to construct 2+ floors on that. But this time we want to leave set back space for the top floors so we are bringing walls inside. Our engineer told us to use fly ash blocks for second floor to reduce the weight on structure and regular solid blocks from third floor onwards. I dont have much idea about fly ash blocks. How is the quality of those blocks and durability also. Are they worth to use. Kindly let me know. Thanks in advance..
nitinku5021a

Re: Fly Ash Blocks Review

Post by nitinku5021a »

check in Youtube, there are some excellent videos explaining this. In short, your engineer is right.
ardesarchitects

Re: Fly Ash Blocks Review

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Rajesh,
Fly ash bricks are not really light weight blocks. Only the ingredients will change a bit from regular concrete blocks. If you really want to reduce the load on your slab ( in this case its slab because your walls will not be sitting on beams in second floor ) use AAC blocks (Autoclaved aerated concrete) .
AAC blocks are 50% lighter weight than regular or flyash, these can be used very much for load bearing also , in your case if columns are not moved in to get more setbacks, then the walls can be considered as load bearing for second floor.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects

Return to “Civil Construction”