Heat pump water heater.

Visualizer

Heat pump water heater.

Post by Visualizer »

Hi,
Anyone has experience of using heat pump water heater ?
1. Is it good option to use along with solar water heater ? A plumber told me that these days heat pump is put after solar water heater so that it aill operate only when solar is not heating.

2. How much capacity is required for house with 5 bathrooms and hot water line in kitchen.

3. Can I eliminate need of individual geysers in bathroom totally with solar + heat pump ?

4. Any good brands ?

Regards
kumark2k

Re: Heat pump water heater.

Post by kumark2k »

Hello Visualizer,

I have also been researching on heat pump water heater, but not yet at the stage of inquiries.

The reason I am interested is in for energy savings, heat pump water heater consumes less power compared to that of traditional electric resistance water heaters. The cons are the high cost, noise created by the fan and space requirements.

You can check the below links from my notes:
Solor Water Heater+ Heat Pump Combinations
https://www.venushomeappliances.com/solar-heat-pump-with-combination.html
https://emmvee.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Solarizer_Heat-Pump-Brochure.pdf

Racold:
https://www.racold.com/heat-pump-water-heaters

Regards,
Kumar
Attachments
heater-working-principle.png
heater-working-principle.png (100.74 KiB) Viewed 5511 times
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Hi kumar thanks I also came across Venus and racold options and few other local brands on Indiamart.

Question I have is if 200 liters solar water heater alone is sufficient in an independent house in Bangalore or do people need to augment it with individual geysers in bathroom or electrical heating element in overcast /rainy season ?
If the answer is yes and frequently then perhaps solar + heat pump water heater makes sense.
sujiths

Post by sujiths »

We have a 200 liter solar water heater in our independent home of 4 people.
Augmenting with electrical heating in bathrooms is necessary in rainy season and when there are overcast conditions
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Thanks for the input Sujuth
sujiths wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 1:34 pm
We have a 200 liter solar water heater in our independent home of 4 people.
Augmenting with electrical heating in bathrooms is necessary in rainy season and when there are overcast conditions
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Heat pump was not feesible for a family of 4-6 members, back then the cost of investment vs usage never matched. We gave a try in 2017 and back then it was only imported brands.
A heat pump is best solution for minimum 8-10 users at a time. Today multiple brands have come up with minimum 100ltr capacity but the prices are still premium.
Heat pump is a kind of reverse mechanism to an A/C, connecting the heat pump to the solar water heater willl be best use in winters.
Currently i suggest to connect solar to individual gysers so that water from solar will be min warm in winters and gyser will take care of remaining heat. Also gyser should always be set at mid temperature to save electricity by not heating water above 100 and then mixing cold water to it.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.instagram.com/ardesarchitects
isap63

Post by isap63 »

I have been on a look look out for heat pump. Did anyone finalize so far ? Here is what I have finalized so far.

1.Jaguar heat pump - I dont know about quality and service.
2. AO Smith Air2Heat - Not sure about quality and service again.

Need help deciding.
Naveen
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Not yet , Racold is also a good option.
I saw jaquar at their experience centre however it is built more for looks and quite expensive.
I

Return to “Civil Construction”