RCC Overhead Tank vs PVC Water tank

ravivasudeva

RCC Overhead Tank vs PVC Water tank

Post by ravivasudeva »

Hi
My borewell water is salty and moreover muddy during rains, mud settles frequently in overhead tank and it is expense and difficult to clear every-time. Let's say this water is fit for gardening and washing alone.

Currently i have fixed 500 Lts overhead PVC water tank on a Steel stand which connects all parts of house.

I am thinking of a long term solution to have 2 overhead water tanks

One for Borewell water, having separate plumbing lines for Terrace garden, GF garden and cleaning purposes only

Second tank for bathrooms, kitchen and Washing machine

This means, i have to build a new RCC slab on terrace for 2 water tanks and discard existing Steel stand and build new plumbing lines.

To build or fix overhead tanks, i can do this
1) Build 5 or 6 feet concrete slab and put both the PVC tanks, 500 lts each and connect them with separate plumbing lines
2 Build 5 or 6 feet concrete slab and build a RCC retaining wall water tank (1000 lts and partition them into two) and connect them with separate plumbing lines

Any suggestion if i should go with PVC or RCC water tank, RCC water tank will be expensive and may develop cracks and steel corrosion over time but easy to maintain and clean. Have to waterproof.

PVC tanks are hard to clean but easy to maintain or replace in future.

Return to “Civil Construction”