House Construction - My Diary

arunraoh

Re: House Construction - My Diary

Post by arunraoh »

Hi Vijay,
Please contact Mr. Pavan from Antara Enterprises @ +91 80954 23266. They are building my friend's house in JP Nagar 9th Phase. They provide turnkey projects and have in-house architects. Quite professional people. Would suggest you choose architects from Bangalore to ensure their availability whenever required. - Arun
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

kk55340 wrote:
August 20th, 2022, 11:03 am
HI,

I am about to beging ground floor construction in two months time, could you please share number of this service please :
"Finally Where do i stand and what i am looking for :)
Thanks to Social Media - i contacted few, who had displayed their portfolio couple of them were from Tier 2 cities. 25 rs per sq feet... and he agreed to provide all the drawings. which just means around 80K....
To begin with they charged me nominal for 2 D plan.... it took around 8 to 10 days and they were able to capture all what i was looking for. I can say, pretty happy with their patience and turn around time. Sever changes/iteration were made. if i wish to go to next level then i need to pay the difference amount in staggered way.
The only drawback here is- since they are not from Bangalore, physical visit is challenge."
Hi KK,

As i mentioned i contacted few local and few architects in Tier2 based on Social Media(insta/facebook).
i contacted https://www.furgonomics.com/ (Ph: +91 9900999650 / 8147474485) .
Here are reasons why i availed services with them.
1) I saw this company was awarded as best startup . They are based in Shimoga
2) Sujan who is the owner of the company was pretty responsive.
3) The pricing was pretty competitive for the kind of services they were providing.
4) the portfolio of completed projects was decent.

they provide 5 version of 2D plan and 3 version of elevation. The first version of 2D was not great, however based on inputs by the time i got my 4th version it was pretty good.

Here is my two cents - Purely from cost perspective there is reasonable difference between what you pay for Top Architect in Tier2 vs what you pay here for Good Architect. Roughly it was 80 K in all was the quote for all drawings (detailed drawings). If you are able to get good architect in Bangalore who can fit your budget,
having some one local is good.

I know quite a few of my friends who got the working drawings from Architect and contractor was able to execute. Architect never visited. I dont think this is the ideal approach. few Visits definitely help.

Vijay
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

BBMP Plan Approval : The agent who was helping with Plan approval came back stating JC is not approving files associated with betterment charges followed by Plan. Two weeks later, i went to BBMP office Bommanhalli
and met couple of officials over there. They verified my papers - DC conversion, khata, khata certificate . Everything was OK, however at the end i was told they are not collecting Betterment charges from few months.

Same line "New JC is not signing .... " I was told they would try..... not sure how far this would go.

At this point, things are not working the way i wanted. i am not sure if it is only Bommanhalli zone JC who is not signing or its through out.

Any leads to clear this hurdle will help.
msmarur

Post by msmarur »

Hi Vijay,

I too suggest that you go for Marble instead of tiles.

I am a researcher by profession and applied the same rigor during house construction - I recommend you to go in for NORAML white marble (NOT Italian, Brazilian, Australian etc.).

After thorough research we found that MEERA MARBLES on Bannerghatta road (Dairy circle) to be reliable person.
The owner is Jitendra Shekawat or his brother Amit Shekawat - you can refer my name Madhu Marur (RR Layout) - don't know if they still remember me.

Just tell them what you can afford and they will suggest you a good quality marble. You have to negotiate the price though (like with any other business guy).

Important thing is this: As Marble is natural item the designs differ form lot to lot. If you do not like a particular design then we have to wait for the next lot (they will get new lot only after current lot is sold).

My suggestion is, if you wish, buy a good quality/clear white which a little expensive for the hall and for the rooms etc. buy any marble that is good quality provided you like the design & color by & large :-)

Let me know if you need more details or additional information about house construction.

cheers
Madhu

arunraoh wrote:
August 1st, 2022, 12:48 pm
Hi Vijay, congrats on your independent house construction journey.

Regarding tiling - if your preference is white based then i would really suggest marble. We had our entire flooring in white marble around 20 years ago and till date there is absolutely no problem. It looks far elegant compared to vitrified tiles and maintenance is minimal.
We had purchased ours near dairy circle - lot of marble showrooms there. However recently i helped my friend purchase marble. We purchased from HMG - Hosur Road. They have a huge factory outlet there and ample of choices. You can also see marble being cut. We even met HMG's owner (some name, Reddy). Very humble guy.
Do let me know i can get you in touch with them.

Regarding turn key or labour contract - my friend's house in JP Nagar is being built by a group of young Architects and Contractors. They are based in RR Nagar and we have seen many of their projects. They have also built a group of luxury houses over 5 60x40 sites in Kengeri. We were impressed by their work and hired them. We gave turn key but they provide labour contract also.

Do let me know if you need my help connecting with the above 2 contacts and any other contacts. My number is 7406262728
Thanks,
Arun Rao
manomur

Post by manomur »

msmarur wrote:
September 6th, 2022, 3:05 pm
Hi Vijay,

I am a researcher by profession and applied the same rigor during house construction - I recommend you to go in for NORAML white marble (NOT Italian, Brazilian, Australian etc.).

After thorough research we found that MEERA MARBLES on Bannerghatta road (Dairy circle) to be reliable person.
The owner is Jitendra Shekawat or his brother Amit Shekawat - you can refer my name Madhu Marur (RR Layout) - don't know if they still remember me.

Just tell them what you can afford and they will suggest you a good quality marble. You have to negotiate the price though (like with any other business guy).

Important thing is this: As Marble is natural item the designs differ form lot to lot. If you do not like a particular design then we have to wait for the next lot (they will get new lot only after current lot is sold).

My suggestion is, if you wish, buy a good quality/clear white which a little expensive for the hall and for the rooms etc. buy any marble that is good quality provided you like the design & color by & large :-)

Let me know if you need more details or additional information about house construction.

cheers
Madhu

arunraoh wrote:

Regarding tiling - if your preference is white based then i would really suggest marble. We had our entire flooring in white marble around 20 years ago and till date there is absolutely no problem. It looks far elegant compared to vitrified tiles and maintenance is minimal.
We had purchased ours near dairy circle - lot of marble showrooms there. However recently i helped my friend purchase marble. We purchased from HMG - Hosur Road. They have a huge factory outlet there and ample of choices. You can also see marble being cut. We even met HMG's owner (some name, Reddy). Very humble guy.

Regarding turn key or labour contract - my friend's house in JP Nagar is being built by a group of young Architects and Contractors. They are based in RR Nagar and we have seen many of their projects. They have also built a group of luxury houses over 5 60x40 sites in Kengeri. We were impressed by their work and hired them. We gave turn key but they provide labour contract also.

Do let me know if you need my help connecting with the above 2 contacts and any other contacts. My number is 7406262728
Thanks,
Arun Rao
Hi Madhu & Vijay,
I have a question here, are the marbles are not soft stones and porous in nature ? any stains like oil, floor acid can be a permanent scar on it. Instead can we think of white granite stones.
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

Hello Manohar,
My first preference is Granite and specifically white granite. On youtube search for white granite, Deepz is one of them who has explained white granite. Again within granite some of them are porus and will absorb stain.
I guess there is sealant that we need to apply to keep the granites fresh.
Marble - looks are better but has its own drawback, stains, cost both for marble and laying.
Vijay
msmarur

Post by msmarur »

manomur wrote:
September 7th, 2022, 7:47 pm
msmarur wrote:
September 6th, 2022, 3:05 pm
Hi Vijay,

cheers
Madhu

arunraoh wrote:

Thanks,
Arun Rao
Hi Madhu & Vijay,
I have a question here, are the marbles are not soft stones and porous in nature ? any stains like oil, floor acid can be a permanent scar on it. Instead can we think of white granite stones.
Hi Manomur,

You are absolutely correct that Granite is more easy to maintain and less porous.

Indian marble from MP is as strong as Granite.
Most of the so called Italian marble actually comes from Middle eastern countries is very porous and one needs to put epoxy layer to make it glossy - which will disappear in a few years time and requires careful handling/maintenance.

I have seen in North India especially around Delhi where old houses have marble flooring and they look very elegant & soothing as they age with basic maintenance.

My belief/perception is that marble is more graceful and soothing as compared to Granite.
Finally it boils down to one's preference.

My two cents - If you want to be environmental friendly and health benefits one should go for natural material (Granite, marble, Cuddapah, Kota stone etc.)
https://beautywares.in/which-one-is-best-for-health-marble-granite-or-vitrified-tiles
rmahi99

Post by rmahi99 »

Hi Vijay,
I don't know Khatha B can be converted into Khatha A easily (when you pay Betterment charges, it is for this purpose only). Akrama/Sakrama scheme needs to be launched for this to happen. Govt keep promising public from last 10 yrs, but nothing moved forward since it is stuck in court.

As far as I know, you would not need any plan approval for Khatha B site. You should be able to construct and once Akrama/Sakrama scheme comes in effect , you should get it approved through that.

Thanks,
Mahesh
vijayk76

Post by vijayk76 »

rmahi99 wrote:
September 13th, 2022, 8:44 pm
Hi Vijay,
I don't know Khatha B can be converted into Khatha A easily (when you pay Betterment charges, it is for this purpose only). Akrama/Sakrama scheme needs to be launched for this to happen. Govt keep promising public from last 10 yrs, but nothing moved forward since it is stuck in court.

As far as I know, you would not need any plan approval for Khatha B site. You should be able to construct and once Akrama/Sakrama scheme comes in effect , you should get it approved through that.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Hello Mahesh,
Theoretically you are correct but in practical, 80% of house in my layout are built by getting BBMP Plan.
They did pay betterment charges, along with their plan approval. Same is the case with many other layout who had DC conversion document. And untill last 3 months BBMP was giving plan approval. New JC has stopped accepting such requests. I know quite a few ppl who got thier plan approved. The bribe was around 30 K for paying betterment charges and around 25 k for plan approval post betterment charges are paid.
this is for 1200 sq feet site.
Unfortunately now it has stopped.
regards
Vijay
Naveenraj123

Post by Naveenraj123 »

I can understand where you are coming from, you want to pay betterment charges for a empty site rather than paying it for a building in future under akrama sakrama scheme which will be much much more.. but betterment charges thing has stopped now in most places in Bangalore

Return to “Civil Construction”