Query on foor tiles replacement

blr78

Query on foor tiles replacement

Post by blr78 »

Hi guys,
Currently it has granite tiles. ( May be about 6/7 years old). It doesn't look look to be of great quality. More importantly, I dont like the color. So, looking to replace it with vitrified tiles. So far, I have consulted a couple of guys. Getting contradicting view. One of them, we can simply lay it on top of the existing one. The other guy says, we need to remove the existing one. ( Reasons being it will fit well, no leakage etc). The question is, what the general procedure?. If I were to remove, will it involve a lot of efforts?
msn1270

Re: Query on foor tiles replacement

Post by msn1270 »

Removing existing tiles and doing fresh tile laying is better option.

Retaining the existing will raise the floor height and in some cases it can affect your existing door or frame height alignment related issues.
Sree0909

Post by Sree0909 »

I suggest just get the granite polished which also includes applying a layer of Epoxy. There are types of epoxies nowadays used on factory floors and hence they are very hard and lasts for 8 to 10 years. The charges may be around Rs.70 per sft. Relaying may cost you upwards of rs.200 per sft. Use the same saved money 8 years down the line and get the polishing+epoxy repeated. Just that epoxy drying takes 24 hours and polishing post that another day. Your living does not get disrupted as well.
blr78

Post by blr78 »

Thanks msn1270, Sree.

Return to “Civil Construction”