renovation in appt... trouble for residents...

abhishekjain118

renovation in appt... trouble for residents...

Post by abhishekjain118 »

Hi All,

I need a helpful information.
Scene: I am staying in National Games Village, Koramangala. In my building, there are few flats which are owned by some xyz bank and bank gives them to their senior employees. For the last 20-30 days, some renovation is going on in a flat at 5th floor. We live in 2nd floor. We have no problem with the renovation as they are changing kitchen tiles, windows etc..

The problem will come in few days, when they will start removing the entire chips floor and put floor tiles.
I have a bad experience with this. Few months back also, in another flat owned by the same bank, the entire flooring got changed and they use the vibrating hammer sort of machine to remove the floor. It goes on for the whole day and for many days. the entire building feels the vibration and clattering noise of the iron tip of that tool hitting the hard floor... it's called jack hammer.

Yesterday I talked to one of the worker and it's confirmed that they will start the floor work in some days. But I couldn't get their contractor's number. I will try again today evening.
My ques are:
1. Shouldn't this be illegal to do such renovation in an appartment ?? this can potentially harm the entire building and it's a nuisance also to the residents.
2. Can I complaint about it to any authority ?? (in both legal and illegal case)
3. I will talk to the contractor or bank representative, but if they don't listen, Should I go to the court for complaint or should I go to the police station ??
4. Should I take it up with BDA or Karnataka Housing Board (NGV comes under KHB I guess, it is called KHB Colony also) ???

5. Any other suggestion ??? (talking to resident's association may not help because 80% of the resident's don't like the president and they don't want to take his help.. me too.. ) still I will try to do that today...

Regards,
Abhi
m3_07

Re: renovation in appt... trouble for residents...

Post by m3_07 »

Hmmmmmm....pretty old post. But I am tickled to reply !!

I would say, it is a nuisance to have people like you complianing about such changes in a individual's building in a society. Please do understand that a guy pays a bomb to buy a flat & if he isn't allowed to make changes, as per his needs, it is quite absurd.

You can rightfully complain, only if the work is done during the evenings. Till then, you all are rrightful owners for your own pigeon holes & learn to co-exist !!

PS: I remember reading this in other blogs....unable to recollect which one.

Return to “Apartments”