BDA Tax Challan for FY 2016-17 for SMV Layout

SMVSITEOWNER

Re: BDA Tax Challan for FY 2015-16 for SMV Layout

Post by SMVSITEOWNER »

Very strange that it is so late, but as a 2nd Block Site owner, I can confirm that I haven't received it yet.
SMVSITEOWNER

Post by SMVSITEOWNER »

RajeshKC wrote:Hello All,

I am Rajesh, new member to this forum, I have site in SMV-3rd block, the query is same as all others have on the tax-challan for 2016-17, is there any further updates on the same. Also is there any 3rd block owners group or forum for SMV 3rd block... do kindly let me know if there is one.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh
Very strange that it's so late, but as a 2nd block site owner, I can confirm that I haven't received the challan yet.
vpatil

Post by vpatil »

BDA proposing new tax rates and penalty charges for vacant plots
Attachments
tax & penalty
tax & penalty
mohan_hu

Post by mohan_hu »

I have received the challan on sat 6 Aug. But the tax is 4 to 5 times higher than the last year.
GPM

Post by GPM »

I have received the challan today, its very higher thean the last year.. there no logic for higher tax imposed..
RajeshKC

Post by RajeshKC »

:shock: Hello All,

I have received the challan on 8th Aug, I have a site in 3rd Block SMV layout with 40 x 60 dimension, the new tax per latest is close to Rs 10000/-, approx 9675/-, that's a huge jump of 5 times.

Regards
Rajesh
chandraklc

Post by chandraklc »

hi,

Did everyone is receiving the new challan with penalty charges for vacant land? what is the penalty for 30x40 site?
i heard BDA has put some fencing in the vacant plots? anyone having vacant plot has come across this situation?

thanks
chandra
SMVSITEOWNER

Post by SMVSITEOWNER »

Hi All,
I have also received the Tax challan, but haven't collected it so don't know the amount yet-This is for a 30X40 Site in SMV 2nd block.
How can BDA start putting fence etc on sites? Some time back there was talk of BDA taking back the sites and cancelling the allotment.
I don't understand how they can brazenly do such things. These sites are not gifted, we have paid money and bought the sites.
Also, constructing a house is not always possible as not everybody can afford this.
What happens to those who have already sold the sites etc, will the new owner be fined for keeping it vacant?
Many people buy it for investment purpose alone. How can the BDA dictate or force themselves on your site by putting fencing?
How can they step on to property now owned by others and do such things?
Is no one worried on the same lines? Or are people okay with BDA tampering with their property?

Please respond!

Thanks,
SMVSITEOWNER
MVSND2009

Re: BDA Tax Challan for FY 2016-17 for SMV Layout

Post by MVSND2009 »

I received today, it's Rs.7,928/- for 40*60 @ 6th block
vpatil

Re: BDA Tax Challan for FY 2016-17 for SMV Layout

Post by vpatil »

Hi smvsiteowner,

The only objective of BDA in imposing more taxes and imposing penalty for vacant plots is to make sure that every one builds houses. This in turn would lead to increasing the housing for people which is one of the objective of any Govt. On the contrary, if plots remain vacant, it does not lead to any development at all. When BDA has given all the facilties like Kaveri water, Drainage, electricity etc.. then it is fair on their part to expect people to build houses.

Buying a plot should be intended to build houses, Not for investment. Investment in vacant plots is only till such time, the govt agency provides the basic amenities. After that Govt expects people to build houses.

So, the new rule of penalty for vacant plots is in the larger interest of the society and development.

Return to “Vishveshwariah”