Propery Tax

sunil.d.kumar

Propery Tax

Post by sunil.d.kumar »

Hi All,

Has anyone paid propery tax for this year.

I havent got any notification letter from BDA so far.

Can someone please let me know on whats happening ?

Thanks,

Regards,
Sunil KD
blrhudugi

Re: Propery Tax

Post by blrhudugi »

Hello Sunil,

I guess you missed the entire hooplah regarding property tax. BBMP had a huge to do about a month or so back, where you could pay your taxes at any of the centers. If you paid by March 31, there was a 5% rebate. Check out the BBMP site for information on property taxes - includes a calculator to compute how much you have to pay.

I am not sure of the due dates but I think it is June 15, before which you have to pay.

I am not sure they are sending individual notifications for tax dues.
blrhudugi

Post by blrhudugi »

Regarding property tax for 2009/10. Check out Deccan herald the article says property tax collection starts June 1.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/384 ... 09-10.html

To avail the benefit of five per cent concession, property owners will have to pay the taxes before June 30.

However, if they miss the June 30 deadline, they can pay the first installment of taxes by July 31 minus five per cent concession. Penalty will start only after July 31.

Though the tax collection of the previous financial year has concluded just recently, the BBMP is firm to start the current year’s tax collection from June 1.

A top BBMP official told Deccan Herald that the dates had been fixed by the government and orders were only being followed. Clearing the confusion that the properties which have jumped from E Zone to C Zone or higher zone, the official said people will have to pay the same amount which they paid in the last financial year.
c195ikon

Post by c195ikon »

As the Sir M V Layout was under the juriscidiction of BDA and had not been transferred to the BBMP, the property tax was not applicable ( as per the offical who replied over the phone in April)....Has the situation changed?
blrhudugi

Post by blrhudugi »

if the official said so, then I guesss it is true. but somehow that sounds inconsistent. All former BDA areas such as Jayanagar, Malleswaram etc. fall under BBMP now, why would this one layout be kept separate.

Please check it out with both BBMP and BDA.

good luck.
c195ikon

Post by c195ikon »

Hi All,

Checked again with the BDA office on phone ( 23351959). Official answering the phone conceded that this year the notification for Tax payment has been delayed compared to last year ( we had notices coming in April ) due to the changes in tax rates.....though I am not aware of changes in Tax rate! He was confident that the notices will be going out in last week of June.

BDA still continues to hold 'ownership' of Sir M V Layout and hasnt transferred yet it to BBMP. As owners, I am not sure if this shift will bring about a sea change?
vinay_jan

Post by vinay_jan »

anybody received the tax notice from BDA? I haven't yet till date
tms

Post by tms »

Hi all,
I have received the property tax for my site at SMV 8th Block, for 60 x 40 dimension, they have fixed at Rs 1153.67, which is almost the double as compared to previous year. If I am not wrong, BDA/BBMP has classified SMV layout into Group "E", as they have not provided the facilities like electricity, roads, sewage and water supply. Without these, they have raised the property tax and planning to rise upto 7 crore revenue this year. I feel people should protest against the tax rise in these recession days.
Cheers,
tms
c195ikon

Post by c195ikon »

It is true that the tax has doubled. I also physically checked around MV Layout yesterday and did see some improvements....though IInd Block hasnt got much to talk about.

I managed to pay the tax yesterday at the Canara Bank ....the last date without penalty is 31 July.
pradeepk

Post by pradeepk »

Hi,

Does BDA property tax can be paid at all the canara bank branches?

-Pradeep

Return to “Vishveshwariah”