Buying BDA Sites

gpnna

Buying BDA Sites

Post by gpnna »

Hi,

I have seen a BDA site in JP Nagar 8th Phase 2nd Block for purchasing. When I verified the papers, I realized that the site has been allotted to the first party in 1998. However, he has paid the amount only in Feb 2015 and got it registered. Later he has sold it to another party (second owner) and now I am buying from the second owner.

My question is whether it is allowed in BDA to sell the site to first party after 17 years of allocation? Allotted in 1998 May, but sale deed issued in Feb 2015 (at the same price as it was decided during allotment in 1998)? My lawyer says it is not allowed and documents need to be verified properly. Also, the allotment letter says that the site allotment will be cancelled if the full amount of site is not paid within 150 days from the date of allotment. In such a case, how was this deal executed?

Regards
Guru
tvsh

Re: Buying BDA Sites

Post by tvsh »

How do you know the amount was paid only in 2015. It is possible, that the full amount was paid to BDA within the stipulated time and the title deed (registration) was done in 2015. Many people who are short of funds would resort to delaying registration of site.
gpnna

Post by gpnna »

Hi,

Good and valid question. There is no receipt available to show that full money was paid in 1998. Also if I check EC from 1998 till 2015, I see a loan being availabled for original sit value in 2015 and clearing it in couple of days. If there was a receipt available, as you mention above, things would have been clear.

Thanks for your response.
pv_prasanna

Post by pv_prasanna »

If I remember right, site allotment in 1998 was done without lease - I had applied for a BDA site in 1998 but did not get it. It is quite possible that the first buyer kept on asking for time to pay the balance amount and BDA agreed to it without stating it in so many words. Construction within 10 years, a clause from BDA Act 1984, would not have been mentioned in the allotment letter in 1998. The BDA Act of 1984 might have many clauses but unless these are mentioned in the allotment letter, I believe, they will not be binding.

Return to “Jp nagar”