Yale lock for main door - need feedback

dev13

Yale lock for main door - need feedback

Post by dev13 »

anyone using/used Yale brand mortize/rim type locks?
I am looking for figner print lock with remote control option.

The sales man was saying one needs to change battery every 7 months or so
how is the after sale service from Yale?

I have been using Zicom fingerprint lock for many years and happy with that, but miss remote control feature in that brand.
Price wise Yale is much costlier than Zicom.
OldWorldCharm

Re: Yale lock for main door - need feedback

Post by OldWorldCharm »

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance, but ain't finger print lock and remote control quite contradictory? I mean, to scan the finger one must go to the lock, so what does the remote control do? Or is it that the finger print scanner is actually on the remote and not on the lock? In that case, if you go out and somehow lose/misplace the remote, what's the backup method to open the lock?
parkom

Post by parkom »

Yale is well known and old manufacturer of locks of all types whereas Zicom is just a label brand (they source stuff from Chinese OEMs and sell them under their brand name). I don't think you could go very wrong with Yale but may like to take feedback on the specific models on the web. Another good brand you could consider is Schlage from Ingersoll Rand.
All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on....
dev13

Post by dev13 »

Oldworrldcharm,
I have a small foyer on ground floor and living etc on first floor only, so need remote control to open the door from inside (while I am at home) instead of climbing down from 1st/2nd/3rd floor esp when maid/cook come in.
finger print if for access to family members who are already enrolled.

Parkom,
thanks for feedback, I am looking for feedback on Yale 4110, Yale 3110, Yale 4109 models.
eventhough zicom could be sourcing parts/unit from chinese ODM, I did not face any issues in last 4.5 years.

Return to “Interiors”