Low cost good looking Staircase options

MNRS

Low cost good looking Staircase options

Post by MNRS »

Hi All

Can you please let me know the options for a low/moderate cost, good looking staircase options ? I prefer to go with the glass one.

Please also let me know the approximate cost of the staircase of about 60 steps.

Thanks
mohanvk

Re: Low cost good looking Staircase options

Post by mohanvk »

Glass is actually a high cost alternative. In my experience the best results with a low cost can be obtained by going for pre-cast slabs for the steps (cast at ground level). The slabs need to be cast atleast 3 weeks before the supporting walls are commenced. At the time of building the wall that supports the staircase, each precast slab can be kept at the level required, supported temporarily till the masonry comes up above it. If the job is done neatly, it requires zero formwork, no plastering, not even flooring if the cement finish is okay, or a red oxide coat can be done on top. A normal MS railing can then be fitted on later. The slabvs can be kept in such a way that 3" project onto the other side of the wall where decorative items can be kept, and this provides better stability and the projections in the profile of the staircase look very appealing from the outside as well.

Return to “Interiors”